Service Resubmission Message "No services were eligible for resubmission"

I have some failed services that I am trying to resubmit using MWS. But when I select the service that has failed and resubmit I get the message “No services were eligible for resubmission”.

How does MWS determine when a services is eligible?

We did a server trace then trying to resubmit:

(IS.SERVER) DEBUG: prepared statement: SELECT t12.RESUBMITTABLE , t12.PIPELINE FROM WMSERVICE t12 WHERE t12.CONTEXTID = ? ORDER BY t12.AUDITTIMESTAMP DESC
(IS.SERVER) DEBUG: number of fields: 2
(IS.SERVER) DEBUG: number of rows: 1
(IS.SERVER) TRACE: pageBegin: 0, pageEnd: 1
(IS.SERVER) TRACE: currentPage: 0, pageSize: 20
(IS.SERVER) TRACE: currentIndex: -1
(IS.SERVER) TRACE: results: Fields [RESUBMITTABLE; PIPELINE]
[0, [B@2529bf12]

Version: 8.2.2.0.209
Build Date: 2011-10-10
Installed Fixes: IS_8.2.SP2_Portal_Fix2

Please check this Empower KB:

https://empower.softwareag.com/sl24sec/SecuredServices/KCFullTextASP/viewing/view.asp?KEY=084458-15908578&DSN=PIVOTAL&DST=TCD&HL=1&QUERY=No%20services%20were%20eligible%20for%20resubmission&SessionID=961616249

HTH,
RMG

I believe I found the problem. The Enable Auditing property set to “always” which sets the resubmittable flag to false in the database. Once I set the property to Top Level Only the failures no longer show up in TN which is correct but not what we want.

OK make sense:

Hi Julian,

could you please specify where did you find Auditing property and in which table did you find resubmittable details ??

Thanks,
RP

Service re-submission is only for top level services not for child services invoked in parent service…

Service audit can be done till stack level 2 not any level more than 2. Again, for the level 2, it works only for SOAP protocol else it is only on the top level service.

-Senthil

RP,

I posted the SQL in the original post that has the column/table information you need. The Auditing property is on the flow properties tab.

A little more information on my issue. In this case my flow is executed based on a processing rule I have configured. For me it feels like it is top level service WM says it is not because it was invoked by the system I assume.

Thanks,

Eric

Eric,

Yes your observation is correct…