Service Monitor on MWS

Hi All,

I want to monitor the service on MWS.

I have followed the following steps but I am not able view the services on MWS Service Monitoring screen.

I could only see this message as “No Matches Found” and no service details are found.

Steps followed:

1.Configured Central User JDBC pool with same as MWS DB configuration.

2.On Resource page mentioned MWS url “http://host:port/services/SAML”

3.On Extended setting configured MWS url “watt.server.auth.samlResolver=http://host:port/services/SAML”

4.On wMMonitor package configured MWS host and Port

1. In IS ACL’s setting added MywebMethods Users in
    MonitorAdministrators ACL and MonitorUsers ACL.

6.In MWS, added IS server details and it is showing green when I click Check Server.

7.In IS, Service log pointing Database.

7.In flow service, enabled Audit and set the log on Error,Success and Start.

8.Run that service.

9.Could see the service start and end time in IS Service log .

Kindly help me where I am going wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Charles,

here some remarks:

1.Configured Central User JDBC pool with same as MWS DB configuration.
correct.

2.On Resource page mentioned MWS url “http://host:port/services/SAML”
Hopefully you given the real host and port here.

3.On Extended setting configured MWS url “watt.server.auth.samlResolver=http://host:port/services/SAML”
This is the same as point 2 and was neccessary on older IS-versions where point was not possbible.

4.On wMMonitor package configured MWS host and Port
correct. Hopefully you have reloaded the Package afterwards.

1. In IS ACL’s setting added MywebMethods Users in
    MonitorAdministrators ACL and MonitorUsers ACL.
    This should be either done by the appropriate Checkbox in the wMMonitor package config page (see point 4) or it is not really neccessary at all. I have never done so.

6.In MWS, added IS server details and it is showing green when I click Check Server.
correct.

7.In IS, Service log pointing Database.
Should be the default. make sure that ISCoreAudit functions is mapped to the IS-Database pool (similar to point 1)

8.In flow service, enabled Audit and set the log on Error,Success and Start.
correct.

9.Run that service.
correct.

10.Could see the service start and end time in IS Service log.
fine.

Remember to have the Password for the User Administrator the same on IS and MWS. Otherwise the SAML-Resolver will fail.
Additonally after adjusting the configurations you should shutdown and restart your IS as the CommonDirectoySubystem (CDS, CentralUsers) needs to be restarted to get the correct informations.

If there service has not been run on the current day you will have to use the Advanced Tab where you can select other periods.
Please check if the check box for “run search” in the Options Tab has been disabled.
In this case you need to execute the search manually every time or you can enable the checkbox.
When the checkbox is enabled, the search will be automatically executed every time you enter the portlet.

Please note that audit logging is done asynchronously and there might be a delay before the data is visible in MWS.

If this does not help, please provide some more details about your versions (IS, MWS, Monitor) as well as the applied fixes for those.
Please check also for Fixes for SCG-Audit, SCG-DataDirect and SCG-LWQ, as these are involved in AuditLogging/Monitoring

Regards,
Holger

A customer of mine recently ran into the same problem on v9.5 and applying the latest Monitor UI fix solved the problem.

Percio

Thanks for your response Holger ,Perico.

I have checked my MWS and found that MWS_9.5_SP1_Fix2 and MON_9.5_SP1_MWS_Fix2 fixes are missing.

So I have installed both fixes but now I am not able to start MWS.

when I tried with run.sh script, initially I could see the starting process sequence but after some time it automatically

initiates the shut down process and gets disconnected.

Can you share the version of your UpdateManager?

In older versions before Fix53 this was a common error.

There should have been an error message at the end of the UpdateManager installing the Fixes.

In this case just start the MWS another time and be patient.
This can last up to an hour then.

Latest known Fixes are:

• MWS_9.5_SP1_Fix8
  • MON_9.5_SP1_Fix6

Additionally you should also check for Monitor-Fix for IS (latest: MON_9.5_SP1_Fix8).

For starting and stopping the IS I usually use “MWS/bin/mws.sh <start|stop>”.
If this is not the default instance, add a “-s ” before the start/stop command.

Regards,
Holger