Schema

Can a Schema val;idated in XML Spy be used Direcly in the tamino to store instances or does it need to be converted in tamino schema…if yes then how to do the conversion…

sourabh

If you’re using Tamino 2.3 or earlier, you need to convert the schema to a DTD and then use the Tamino Schema Editor to define this doctype to the database.

If you’re using Tamino 3.1, the Schema Editor accepts W3C Schema and enriches it with application-info elements for the Tamino Database Kernel.

Either case, you use the Schema Editor to set things like datatypes, mapping and most important indexes.

Please familiarize yourself with the concepts by reading the documentation’s chapters on this.

Best regards, Andreas

hi!
thanx for the reply…but i still have some doubt…
i m using Tamino 3.1

and also have a w3c schema seperately…

i want to use this schema through tamino schema editor for uploading the data conforming to it…

so my question is that can i read this seperate w3c schema into tamino schema editor…and if yes then could you pls give me the guidelines as i could not figure them out from the documentation…

thanx
regds

quote:
Originally posted by Andreas Schoedl:
If you’re using Tamino 2.3 or earlier, you need to convert the schema to a DTD and then use the Tamino Schema Editor to define this doctype to the database.

If you’re using Tamino 3.1, the Schema Editor accepts W3C Schema and enriches it with application-info elements for the Tamino Database Kernel.

Either case, you use the Schema Editor to set things like datatypes, mapping and most important indexes.

Please familiarize yourself with the concepts by reading the documentation’s chapters on this.

Best regards, Andreas

sourabh