Schema w/ import gives error 500

X-Application Version: 3.1.3
Tamino Version : 4.1.1.3
Platform : Win2k Prof
WebContainer : Tomcat 3.3.1
JDK Version : 1.3.1_06

I have a schema which imports other schemas. When I try to generate I get the following error:
Error: 500

AssertionFailed: schema does not contain the element ‘oai_dc:dc’
com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.common.AssertionFailed
schema does not contain the element ‘oai_dc:dc’

The element is in one of the imported schemas.
Thanks, Carl

Hello,

you are using X-Application 3.1.3 with a Tamino DB version 4.1.1. The problem is that X-Application 3.1.3 does not support all of the new features of Tamino 4.1.1. One of these unsupported features is the import of schemas.

We are currently working on X-Application 4.1.1. If you sent us your schema we could check whether the new version does correctly handle the import or we have still to work on schema import.

Many thanks.
Bye, Christian.

Christian,
I have attached the schemas. They need to be defined in the following order:
1. xml.tsd
2. simpledc.tsd
3. oai_dc.tsd
4. oai-identifier.tsd
5. nsdl_type.tsd
6. nsdl_amount.tsd
7. provenance_about.tsd
8. record.tsd
And a strange thing I have noticed is that I must use the Interactive Interface to define the first 7, and the Schema Editor for the last one.
Thanks, Carl
oaiSchemas.zip (9.17 KB)

Source of the problem is the schema xml.tsd.
In the original schema you do not put a namespace declaration for the XML namespace, that is right and therefore the define works with the Tamino Interactive Interface.

What happens in the Schema Editor: It generates a namespace declaration for the XML namespace. But this is not accepted by Tamino, because the XML namespace is a special namespace and specially handled.

You don’t need to define your xml.tsd, because Tamino already carries this schema within. lang, space and base are defined here. Use this import in your other schemas:

<xs:import namespace="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace" schemaLocation="../ino:collection/xml_lang_space" />

Kind regards,
Harald

[This message was edited by Christian Freytag on 26 Feb 2003 at 09:57.]

Hello Carl,

I tried out your schemas with the X-Application 4.1.1 we are currently developing. After some bug fixing tasks I could build an application based on the top level schema ‘record’.

If its very urgent to get a prototype of your application running, we could discus if it’s possible to send you a pre-release of X-Application 4.1.1. It requires Tamino 4.1.1. For developing applications with the generator we recommended Tomcat 4.1.18.

Please contact me directly via email if you are interested in the pre-release.

Bye,
Christian.