Schedulers need to be stop automatically

Hi All,

I want some suggestions over, optimize webMethods IS schedulers need to be suspend through one click. Instead of Suspend them individually. We have weekly activity where we need to suspend simple and complex schedulers one by one which is time consuming.
Let me know is there any solution for suspend them by one click or through any query or DB.
We have window based webMethods server version 9.12 is currently using.

Regards,
Megha

Hi Megha,

you can create a flow service which is using Built-In-Services to suspend the schedulers.

Check the IS Built-In-Services Reference for the pub.scheduler folder.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

Please elaborate more on this. I have check for built in service as well, where pub.scheduler:suspendTask is mostly match my requirement but it suspend task only. I need to suspend all schedulers from one click either by Database query or some flow service. As when I run the service all schedulers whether in cluster get suspended.

What do you mean by weekly activity ? Server restarts?

If YES,
Creation and deletion of schedule tasks can be part of the Startup/Shutdown services of the respective packages.

If NOT,
(Im Not finding any better than this)
Create a flow service doing below -

Remote invoke - getTaskIds
Loop and remote invoke
Suspend the task.

Remote invoke of all the servers in cluster.

What do you mean by weekly activity ? Server restarts?

If YES,
Creation and deletion of schedule tasks can be part of the Startup/Shutdown services of the respective packages.

If NOT,
(Im Not finding any better than this)
Create a flow service doing below -

Remote invoke - getTaskIds
Loop and remote invoke
Suspend the task.

Remote invoke of all the servers in cluster.

Hi Megha,

I partially agree with Naidu.

Just some questions:
Are all nodes of the cluster sharing the same IS Internal database schema?
Are all the scheduled tasks configured to run on “Any Server” or “All Servers”, or are there some which will only run on dedicated nodes?

Check the result of getTaskIds if this information is available.

Just have a flow like the one Naidu has outlined above but invoke the services locally.
When it is time to suspend the tasks just invoke this service via IS Admin UI and let it do the suspending in background.
Might be helpful to have a second service to wake up the schedulers afterwards if neccessary.

Reagrds,
Holger

You can also deactivate the scheduler as a whole (the link is on the page that lists the scheduled tasks).