Scheduler Failed at DST Time

Hi SAG webMethods Team,

We are facing production issue in one of the scheduler running in 8.22 webMethods IS
during day light saving time this complex scheduler is getting deactivated
Scheduler is running in cluster nodes while I check after day light saving period scheduler in both IS cluster nodes are disable state

IS Used :-

Version 8.2.2.0
Updates IS_8.2_SP2_Core_Fix6
TNS_8.2_SP2_Fix10

Build Number 228
SSL Strong (128-bit)
Java Version 1.6.0_27 (50.0)
Java VM Name Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM
Java Build Info 20.2-b06, mixed mode

Complex Scheduler details

If Task is Over due
Suspend if more than 5 mins delay

Months January…December
Days 1…31
Days of Week Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
Hours 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20
Minutes 0

Can some one please provide fix or solution to this Issue ?

• RJ

Hi Rajesh,

I think you are mistaken. For product fixes, I suggest you raise an SR in Empower right away.

This is only a forum for discussing the issues faced by webMethods technology community.

Cheers!

Mani

How come you suddenly jump the gun and suggest for product fixes or SR ticket with SAG
this should be the last phase for each technical person to look for.

May be patch fixes or JVM/product fixes can resolved this issue but without clarified or justified properly
I can’t move ahead with SR ticket.

IF you know any alternate solution and like to share then post same in forum.

• RJ

Are these job automatically suspended (as you said disabled)?
If yes, that normally means there was an error during the execution of this job.
The error is normally shown on the scheduler page, the same line of this job. you can also check the system/error log.
HTH,

What is the OS the IS nodes running on?

Exactly there should be error show on the scheduler page/job itself if the scheduler got auto suspended and no manual intervention…Any luck checking in the error/server logs the problematic day?

Also as a side note update the core fix level Updates to IS_8.2_SP2_Core_Fix12 (of course it is nothing to do with your issue just to be secure from other bug fixes)…

HTH,
RMG

Rajesh,

Nobody is jumping any gun. You addressed it to “SAG webMethods team” and asked if there was a Fix. I’m sure you know, generally fix from SAG team comes through empower (may be via SR). Just a communication failure.

Coming to your problem, from what I know, when the time is advanced, the schedulers for that hour are not executed. To quote from the documentation,

Generally, it is always a good practice to have your environment on the latest patch levels. Apart from that, as suggested server / error logs should definitely help.

Please post your solution when you find it.

Rgds

While going through several post I found this post is very relevant to my issue which we have been facing in SIT region in IS 8.2.2 version during day light saving time

In my case

@ RMG/Tong ,

Are these job automatically suspended (as you said disabled)?
Yes,but catch here is I have several other complex schedulers which is running fine without any issue
Days of Week Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
Hours 10,16,20
Minutes 30
IMP is Scheduler has selected with option call suspend if it get delay by 5 mins

What is the OS the IS nodes running on?
Linux

Exactly there should be error show on the scheduler page/job itself if the scheduler got auto suspended and no manual intervention…Any luck checking in the error/server logs the problematic day?
I have check scheduler page but didn’t find any error message,it’s got auto suspended without manual intervention
I have several complex scheduler running in that IS but this complex scheduler get auto suspended

Also as a side note update the core fix level Updates to IS_8.2_SP2_Core_Fix12 (of course it is nothing to do with your issue just to be secure from other bug fixes)?
I have check with my infra support team they didn’t find any error/server message related to this scheduler issue during day light saving time but they have agreed that FIX is not applied “IS_8.2_SP2_Core_Fix12” in IS level
My Infra team query is :- Why other scheduler didn’t get suspended during that time, they looking for justification then only they can goahead with this FIX

• I even search entire server/error logs but didn’t find any specific message.
    Can you tell me any KEY word which I can have a look again in my IS logs or any other factor or configuration which I can have a look to cross verify this again ?

RAj,

You may need to check all the error/server logs closely that particular day/time the job is expected to run or close in that particular week or so since you don’t know why it got auto suspended etc…

It’s very hard to tell what happened to that particular job only we not know what it does in particular or SAG tech support may need to be involved and deep dive in your environment to troubleshoot more.

HTH,
RMG

Does the service suspend at the start of DST or the end of DST ?? If it is only being suspended at the start of DST, then I would suggest to change the task Overdue option…

HTH.

David

Hi David,

Thanks for reply, answer to your question it was disable at “start of DST”
I had already taken a step long back in line with your suggestion ie change Task Over due option

As of now I don’t seen any kind of failure yet but my infra support team has update fix IS_8.2_SP2_Core_Fix12 to be on safe side which was not there before.