Saving configured columns on a task type for all users

Hi Team,

Once I go to gear icon and configure columns for any task type, I can see that setting persists for the user who performed it even after logout and login. The same is not when logged in as a different user. Every user should log in and configure columns is what I noticed.

Is there a way, we can configure columns and save it for all users as a default view of task inbox for a task type? Something similar like we can save “custom searches” either for All users (public) or only current user (private)

Note: I am asking this for default inbox that appears in WHN and Task Inbox sections. I do not want to use inbox gadget in a custom app space. Want to leverage out of box screens without creating another app space for this requirement

Hi Prasad,

We have repaired this functionality. Solution will be available in next official fix.

If you need a test patch to verify the solution, please raise a Support Incident with SoftwareAG and we can provide you the same.

In this solution Administrator can configure the columns for himself for any task type, that will be applicable to all users in BC.

The users who have permission to view the gear icon, can change the default columns set by the administrator for them self.

Thanks and Regards,
Vishwanath G T.

1 Like

Wow… thanks for the update Vishwanath. A couple of questions here:

• Having this fix, say Administrator configured the columns for a task type. As you mentioned, it will apply to all BC users. Now, let’s say a BC user(Non-Administrator) who has permission to gear icon customized these columns for himself. Now, at a later point in time, if Administrator changes these columns to some other combination, then will it override the Non-Administrators customized columns?
  • Second question, where can we deal with permissions with regards to “Gear Icon” and all? Is it in “Permission Management”? I do not see any such option to control access to gear icon as of now in WM 9.12_Fix6

Hi Prasad,

If non-admin user set his own columns, then those will be having higher priority. What ever administrator changes will not effect the columns set by individual users.

You can disable gear icon for specific user by denying following permission in MWS.

Login MWS as Administrator > Permission management > Click on next with “My webMethods Applications” > Click on Edit option for any user in list(If user not present in list, then add that user by clicking “Add” button) > Select deny option for “Task List Actions” permission. And click on “Ok” and “Apply”.

Thanks and Regards,
Vishwanath G T.

1 Like