SAP Listener doesn't start - SAP.104.9151

Hi,

I’m trying to migrate our process using SAP adapter from wM 7.1.2 to 8.2, and I’m having some problems with it.

The SAP connection is ok, we’re able to call BAPI and send IDOC to SAP, but not able to receive any IDOC. The SAP Listener doesn’t start with the following error message :

[ART.115.3257] Adapter Runtime (Listener): Exceeded max retries. Shutting down listener LVSAPListener:SAPListener. Error: [SAP.104.9151] WmSAP Adapter: Error on initializing listener: Startup error
[SAP.104.9151] WmSAP Adapter: Error on initializing listener: Startup error

>>>BasicData:message=null,date=Thu Dec 22 10:29:16 CET 2011,reason=[SAP.104.9151] WmSAP Adapter: Error on initializing listener: Startup error,exceptionClass=com.wm.adapter.sap.error.SAPAdapterConnectionException,stack=[SAP.104.9151] WmSAP Adapter: Error on initializing listener: Startup error
at com.wm.adapter.sap.util.Error.createAdapterConnectionException(Error.java:222)
at com.wm.adapter.sap.SAPListener.startJCoServer(SAPListener.java:588)
at com.wm.adapter.sap.SAPListener.startListener(SAPListener.java:626)
at com.wm.adapter.sap.listener.RFCListener.listenerStartup(RFCListener.java:158)
at com.wm.adk.notification.WmUnconnectedListener.runStartup(WmUnconnectedListener.java:96)
at com.wm.adk.notification.WmUnconnectedListener.runListener(WmUnconnectedListener.java:64)
at com.wm.adk.notification.WmNotificationListener.execute(WmNotificationListener.java:753)
at com.wm.adk.notification.WmNotificationListener.run(WmNotificationListener.java:668)
at com.wm.util.pool.PooledThread.run(PooledThread.java:131)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
,exceptionDetail=>>>BasicData:message=WmSAP Adapter: Error on initializing listener: Startup error,date=Thu Dec 22 10:29:16 CET 2011,stack=

[SAP.104.9151] WmSAP Adapter: Error on initializing listener: Startup error
at com.wm.adapter.sap.util.Error.createAdapterConnectionException(Error.java:222)
at com.wm.adapter.sap.SAPListener.startJCoServer(SAPListener.java:588)
at com.wm.adapter.sap.SAPListener.startListener(SAPListener.java:626)
at com.wm.adapter.sap.listener.RFCListener.listenerStartup(RFCListener.java:158)
at com.wm.adk.notification.WmUnconnectedListener.runStartup(WmUnconnectedListener.java:96)
at com.wm.adk.notification.WmUnconnectedListener.runListener(WmUnconnectedListener.java:64)
at com.wm.adk.notification.WmNotificationListener.execute(WmNotificationListener.java:753)
at com.wm.adk.notification.WmNotificationListener.run(WmNotificationListener.java:668)
at com.wm.util.pool…

Do you have idea how to resolve it? I’ve searched on Empower, and I found nothing on it.
Thanks you,
Long

Hi,

I have a similar problem with a twist:

We have a test IS that we have successfully connected to a SAP server with the SAP listener happily enabled, and I can disable and enable the listener with no problems. However, we are migrating the IS onto another physical server so we have installed the IS and configured the SAP connection and Listener exactly as it is configured on the old, working, server; the SAP connection enables OK but the listener wont enable and I get the following errors in the RFC trace logs:

LOCATION    CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode
ERROR       service '?' unknown
TIME        Fri Feb 17 10:55:07 2012
RELEASE     720
COMPONENT   NI (network interface)
VERSION     40
RC          -3
DETAIL      NiErrSet
COUNTER     4
    Return code: RFC_FAILURE(1)
    error group: 102
    key: RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION
Error:  >Fri Feb 17 10:55:19,387<    RfcException: [null]
Connect parameters: TPNAME=WEBMETHODSQAEQ1 GWHOST=dwnsap03 GWSERV=sapgw00
ERROR       service 'sapgw00' unknown
TIME        Fri Feb 17 10:55:19 2012
RELEASE     720
VERSION     40
RC          -3
MODULE      nixxsl.cpp
LINE        184
DETAIL      NiSrvLGetServNo: service name cached as unknown
COUNTER     5
Error:  >Fri Feb 17 10:55:31,381<    RfcException: [null]
TIME        Fri Feb 17 10:55:31 2012
RELEASE     720
VERSION     40
RC          -3
MODULE      nixxsl.cpp
LINE        184
COUNTER     6
Error:  >Fri Feb 17 10:55:43,376<    RfcException: [null]
TIME        Fri Feb 17 10:55:43 2012
RELEASE     720
VERSION     40
RC          -3
MODULE      nixxsl.cpp
LINE        184
COUNTER     7

Has anybody else come across this issue?

Please work with your BASIS folks and make sure they configured RFCdestination/programID correctly along with gateway service you are using…And also the unicode setting on SAP side.

If everything configured correctly on both sides…restart IS freshly:

HTH,
RMG

Hi All,

I am facing an issue which is as follows and need help:
I have 2 connections to the same SAP application server but with different Client IDs. both of them are enable.

I also have 2 listeners , one connecting to those connections respectively. The Program ID in this case is also the same.

I am not able to enabel both listeners in parallel. Please let me know what can help solve this issue.

Gautam Parnaik