SAP BC problem calling BAPI

Hi,

I am trying to call a BAPI from within a flow (using the SAP Business Connector). Since this is the very first time I am trying to do something like that (accessing a SAP system via BC) I started with something very simple.

The first step was, that I started the Administrator-tool and under SAP > Lookup > RFC Signature > RFC Test I tested a BAPI function called “BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT1”. I had to set several fields (e.g. DOC_TYPE, SALES_ORG, …) before everything worked, ie. I press the “Test Function” button and I get the newly created SALESDOCUMENT.

Now that I knew which flields were required I used the “SAP BC –> SAP button” (in SAP > Lookup > RFC Signature) to create a new flow in the BC. There I entered all the variables required and started the flow.

Well, I got the following error message and the flow aborted:
com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: RFC_GET5, GET ID=0336 LINE=472

The interesting thing is, that the order is created, I just don’t get a result back in the BC. Since the flow was created by the Admin tool I am not so sure what went wrong…

Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Holger.

This is a very common problem. This happens because the browser and the wm developer presents the empty values differently.

Try setting some of your input variables to empty strings by clicking on the blue arrow.

Some BAPIs also need the return variable to exist in the pipeline. So if the BAPI signature is returning a structure then initialize the structure to empty values.

Another thing you can try is that when you run the flow from the browser, just check the checkbox for “Include empty values”.

Atleast one these three should solve your problem. BAPIs just dont behave similarly. What works for one may not for another.

Rupinder

Thanks Rupinder, this information saved my life:

> Another thing you can try is that when you run the flow from the browser, just check the checkbox for “Include empty values”.

Greetings,
Gunter