SAP adapter IS7.1

Hi. I am using webMethods v7.1 with SAP adapter v6.5, with fixes:
WmSAP_6-5-0_SP1;WmSAP_6-5-0_SP1_Fix11;WmSAP_6-5-0_SP1_Fix12;WmSAP_6-5-0_SP1_Fix14;WmSAP_6-5-0_SP1_Fix15

I am calling:
WmSAP.pub.sap.transport.BAPI:OutboundProcess

And I am getting the error message:
[ART.117.4002] Adapter Runtime (Adapter Service): Unable to invoke adapter service pub.sap.transport.BAPI:OutboundProcess.
[SAP.116.9551] Adapter service error: java.lang.NullPointerException - null

I have been trying to find more info on this error and would apreciate any help…

Thanks!

Are you sending data from wM to SAP??

Per the advantage article:If you are calling a BAPI use: “pub.sap.transport.BAPI:InboundProcess”/“pub.sap.transport.BAPI:OutboundProcess”

HTH,
RMG

Yes. I am sending an xmlString with the structure:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<biztalk_1 xmlns =“urn:biztalk-org:biztalk:biztalk_1”>

XXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX urn:sap-com:logical-system:XXXXXXXX urn:sap-com:logical-system:XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Is the BAPI program also expecting same xmldata format/structure above?

HTH,
RMg

Hi rmg.
I believe so. This is a migration of code from IS v6 to IS v7 and the v6 code has been working fine.

I have checked and from the v6 to v7 the diference is that the pub.sap.transport.BAPI:OutboundProcess used to be a Java service and now is an adapter service.

I will try to check what you refer.
But if the BAPI was not expecting the same xmldata format/structure would the error be:
Exception in Mapping Accounting Doc for SAP BAPI: Error [ISC.0049.9015] FlowExit ‘null’ - label not found: ‘XXXXXXXXXXXX’ in the service XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:postAccountingDocBAPI ?

I noticed you have all the required fixes in place…but it shouldn’t be much diff java service vs adapter service (unless there are more enhancements made in adapter 65)…

Did you talk to SAG tech support in the mean time,as this could be related to upgrade issue and which they might have workaround?

HTH,
RMG

We have another process that uses pub.sap.transport.RFC:OutboundProcess with the same SAP adapter and everything works fine…

:confused::confused::confused:

The process that uses pub.sap.transport.BAPI:OutboundProcess is returning error… :(:(:frowning:

Been reading the documentation and cant seem to find any clue…

Still struggling with
[ART.117.4002] Adapter Runtime (Adapter Service): Unable to invoke adapter service pub.sap.transport.BAPI:OutboundProcess.
[SAP.116.9551] Adapter service error: java.lang.NullPointerException - null

:frowning:

I can understand your pain/agony…But what does the tech support say?

unfortunately i dont have any bapi’s to test/recreate the issue…

HTH
RMg