This article describes the successive way to construct an OAuth app in Salesforce, token generation and configuring an account in both webMethods.io flow editor and webMethods.io Integration.
- · User must have a developer account created in Salesforce.com
- Working webMethods.io flow editor tenant.
- Working webMethods.io integration tenant.
1. Create a Connected App in Salesforce
2. Generate an Access Token and Refresh Token using REST client
3. Configuring a Salesforce Account in webMethods.io flow editor.
4. Configuring a Salesforce Account in webMethods.io integration.
1. Login to Salesforce https://login.salesforce.com
2. In upper-right corner click on “Setup”
3. In the left-hand pane, find Apps in quick find box (Build > Create >Apps)
4. In the Connected Apps pane, click on New field
5. Fill out the Basic information like "Connected App Name", "API Name" , "Contact Email" and select Enable OAuth Settings under API (Enable OAuth Settings) field
6. In the Callback URL field, enter the callback URL
7. In the Selected OAuth Scopes field, add all “Available OAuth Scopes”
8. Click the Save button to save the new Connected App and “continue” to take effect on the server.
Note: Allow from 2-10 minutes for your changes to take effect on the server before using the connected app.
9. In the Connected Apps list, find the App that you just created, and then click Manage under API (Enable OAuth Settings) note down
Consumer Key (client id) and click on “click to reveal” to view Consumer Secret (client secret)
10. To generate authorization code: Go to Chrome browser and input the below url
Note: find your instance name from the login url. Ex: instance name here is ap15
11. The user gets logged into Salesforce, it redirects the user to the approval page. The user has to approve the access by hitting “allow”
12. After the user approves access, the user is redirected to the URI specified in, returns a query string containing code (authorization code) and state.
13. In Rest Client workspace (Ex: Postman) Set your HTTP request to POST ,input in the request url
Note: Authorization code that the consumer must use to obtain the access and refresh tokens.The authorization code expires after 15 minutes.
14. After filling in, the parameter values from Step 9&12, Click “SEND” button.
15. Sample response looks as below containing Access and Refresh tokens
16. Login to webMethods.io and switch to webMethods.io flow editor from the app launcher
17. Navigate to “Applications” > search for “Salesforce CRM” application
18. Click on “Add New Account” tab > specify the name of the Account
19. Select the Authentication Type from the drop down as “OAuth V2.0(authorization code flow)”
20. Fill the values for the parameters, generated from the above steps:- instance, Client id , Client secret, Access Token, Refresh Token
21. Save the connection.
Note: Follow the Steps from 22 to configure a Salesforce Account in webMethods.io Integration
22. Log in to webMethods.io integration tenant and create a workflow. Inside the workflow drag the Salesforce CRM app from the menu and click on the “setting” button.
23. Choose the action from the predefined operation drop-down menu and click on the “+” sign to configure the new connection.
24. Fill all the necessary credentials details and click on the Save button.
25. Save the connection.
26. Select the operation > select the buissness object > select fields > run the action created, the integration runs successfully.