Route by EDI Dcoument Type or by X12 Envelope

I am running into an issue when trying to consume an EDI message received through TN.

If I have TN route the document based on the specific document type, in my case “X12 4010 850”, then the wm.b2b.edi:envelopeProcess service throws the following error:

[ISU.0000.9999I] EDIutil: Input ‘edidata’ must not null [EDICOR.000010.000620]

However, I am able to call wm.b2b.edi:convertToValues with no issues and get the ST segment back just fine.

If I set the document type to the generic “X12 Envelope”, then wm.b2b.edi:envelopeProcess does not throw an error.

Which is the proper way to do this? I would like to route my EDI documents based on message type at the TN level and not within the service that gets called?

Thanks in advance,
Joe

Hi Joe,
I think you will achieve the desired results by processing the X12 4010 850 using the wm.b2b.editn:bizdocToRecord service. This will invoke the envelopeProcess and convertToValues services with boundNode output containing your 850 document for further processing/translation depending on your requirements. In our case, we map boundNode to an IS document created from the schema, EDIFFSchema.X12.V4010:T850 and map that IS document to a custom flat file.

• Mary
1 Like

Thanks, Mary! That did the trick. I really appreciate the help.

Joe,

Yes for Inbound you can process by Transaction set (850 or 855 ) and map as Mary mentioned and outbound you can simple process by X12 Envelope and which will help downstream EDI payloads get processed smoothly.

HTH,
RMG