RESTful Web Services from Natural

Hi Wizards, Geniuses and all other Brainiacs.

We have a wonderful suite of SOAP Webservices that our clients use to Get and Set data from our Database. We are running Natural 6.3.9 on a Linux OS. We have EntireX running and Brokers / RPCs doing their job.

Basically we create an IDL in Designer 9, generate the XMM file and from that generate the AAR file and deploy. Bazinga working Webservice that we test with SOAPUI.

I have been tasked with trying to replicate these wonderful web services using RESTful web services as well. I have searched and we don’t use web methods and to be honest I am grossly ignorant when it comes to the mechanics behind this. We have a single web service that consumes a RESTful Web service via REQUEST DOCUMENT however we need to provide the Webservice to be consumed.

So my list of questions are:

1. The natural side of things (I figure) is pretty much standard, Receive the data in a dynamic variable and strip out the Contents into the correct fields and either populate the object or return a RESTful dataset. have I already lost the plot?
  2. Will EntireX handle the call to our Web service?
  3. Please - any information with this regard will really be appreciated.

Many thanks
Dougal

The EntireX documentation contains a section titled Support of Representational State Transfer (REST).

I will give you the limitations here:

1. The request document cannot contain groups, arrays, other nested elements, or attributes.

2. Elements cannot be namespace-qualified.

3. Only services that accept requests in plain XML can be called.

Regards,
Wayne

The EntireX documentation contains a section titled Support of Representational State Transfer (REST).

1. The request document cannot contain groups, arrays, other nested elements, or attributes.

Regards,
Wayne

Regards,
Wayne

Hello Dougal,
See if this works for you, or at least leads you in the right direction. We have successfully created REST services with this tweak.

Do everything else as you usually would, except for when creating the xmm

• In the Mapping Parameters section, clear the Namespace URI
  • In the Mapping section, select Element instead of SOAP and then Generate and Save.

I hope that helps.
Regards,
Mary
RESTxmm.png

I am sorry by mistake it happen

Kindly refrain from hijacking this post as it is irrelevant to your query. Avoid creating duplicate post and I have asked for more details on the same.