Report enumerations set in an IS

I am looking for a method to list out all the documents with all the enumerations set in a Integration Server. I want to list enumerated variables and their assigned values.
Because of my shell script background I looked for a way to parse the
ndf file itself. But that looks complicated.
Is there any way through webMethods services I can do that?
Do I have to parse the ndf file for this ?
What inbuilt services could I use ?

My approach till now:
I had few other requirements for which I used shell script,grep and sed to extract data from .ndf file and finished with csv files that were good.
For listing out enumeration again I found that a tag like:
C is present where C is the enum value.
This is my first post so appologies if looks unstructured.

cheers,
LP

Ok, Now I have the list of all the documents that have enumerations set for one or more fields. Is there a way to list out which fields and what are the values set for them.

thanks,
LP

One way i can think of: use /pub.schema:createXSD to convert it to XSD, then you can use java API to read XSD, then you will extract enumerations.
Hope you can make it work.

Thanks Thongwang,
I will soon let you know how it ended up…
cheers…
LP

Maybe if I (we) understand what you want to achive… as I don’t understand at ALL.

Internally webMethods uses IDATA, and provide services for converting to XML, check [url]http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/webmethods/wmsuite8_ga/Developer/8-0-SP1_Integration_Server_Built-In_Services_Reference.pdf[/url]

Specially pay attention to page 151 "You use the elements in the document folder to perform operations on documents in the pipeline. "

Might you explain what are your needs?

What I want is to have listed down all the documents that have enumerations set. Also want to list what variables are enumerated and with what values.
Apologies if I am making no sense… maybe I am using wrong terminology as I am new to WM

But a document by itselves only has the data structure definition without any value.

If that document is used during the processing of a flow, it will contain the data.

Again I have no clue what you want to achieve.

The string variable inside a document can have values set before process.
check image…here Type has enumerations set.like…
“Living with Parents”
“Owner”

hope now I am more clear on my requirement. I want to list all such Documents set with the enum values set for variables in a file (ascii or csv)

Sorry, I could not upload the image…
But if you see through any developer client, open a document, select a string in that document. Now look at the properties pane. Click on content type if enumerations are set it would display in popped up properties window I am refering to those enumerations

Part of the confusion may be terminology: the question is about document types (definition), not documents (run-time instance).

Exactly… Thanks a ton Reamon. This would help me search over right direction.
Anyone got a clue now …
How to list enumerations that are set for a document types.
Hope this time I am correct in terminology :slight_smile: