Receiving Emails through Integration Server Mail Listener

Product: webMethods Integration Server
Version: 4.6

My client is successfully processing email xml attachments from a variety of Business Partners using xml attachments. We are having problems with one new partner whose emails seem unrecognisable to the processing service. The logs show that it can see the senders address etc it’s just that it will not process further. The same mail sent via my clients mail system and then forwarded back to the external email internet site processing perfectely. I have ‘looked’ at the original and forwarded emails using a vb app and the original message is basically unreadable where as the forwarded one is largely readable.

I conclude that it’s the way in which the partner is sending the mails (using Unix command with SMTP protocal.

My question is what more must the partner do to make the mails function properly.

Regards, Craig

My best guess is that if they are sending it from the Unix command line with the mail program then they are NOT sending the XML file as an attachment but rather as the body of the email message.

There might also be a problem with the encoding they are using.

Have them try to attach the file from an email program like Netscape or maybe even Elm or Pine. See if that helps.

If it does not then you might need to write a quicky client emailing program for them using javax.mail.* I would recommend the book “Java Network Programming (Second Edition)” from O’Reilly (Author: Elliotte Rusty Harold) for guidance in writing your own mail client.

I’m pretty sure that they are sending the xml as an attachment since if the cc the same mail to an internal client email account it comes through OK. This leads me to think that it’s something about the UNIX command. If all else fails then as suggested they will ahve to find an alternative method of mailing it.

Any other ideas out there?

Can you post a sample ‘bad’ email?
Also, what email client is being used?

One possibility is that the email is in some non mime format (i.e. uuencode format).