Query regarding webMethods for Gas retailer setup

I am in the process of setting up the environment for the Australia Gas retailer. During the process of performing the FRC certification for the ping/pong test to check the connectivity, we understood that webMethods has to be installed. But, we are not sure If it has to be installed on the callback URL and port that we have provided to FRC for it to communicate to us? If so, what component of webMethods should be installed for the Ping/Pong test to be done. Can you share the steps or documentation if you have any?

I’m not knowledgeable on the FRC Certification however in terms of ping from a general perspective, if you’re talking just inbound HTTP to webMethods IS, there’s a ping service that can be run from here: http://<server>:5555/invoke/wm.server:ping
A number of customers often wrap this up into, or create their own ping service that is more specific to their implementation

There’s also ping/pong services for websockets, found here:
pub.websocket:ping
pub.websocket:pong

Hope that’s useful?

Thank you, can you help me in finding the instructions to install Webmemethods-AS/400 adapter

You can find all instructions publicly available on:
https://documentation.softwareag.com

I typically use the search box on the top left and start typing the product I’m looking for. In this example I just typed AS/400 and found it.

Here’s the direct link to the AS/400 adapter pages where you’ll find the installation docs.

https://documentation.softwareag.com/webmethods/adapters_estandards/Adapters/AS400/as400.htm

Thank you. I have connected to webMethods cloud from on-Prem webMethods Integration server. Created an On-Premise Account and tried to upload it to cloud and got the error : “webMethods Cloud service returned the following error: 403 . Contact the webMethods Cloud Administrator to resolve the issue.”. Can you please let me know if I am missing any configuration?

403 sounds like an authentication issue.
Is it a webMethods Integration Cloud, or a webMethods.io instance?

Regardless, you should be able to put the tenant URL into the configuration, along with a credential from the cloud platform and assuming the cloud account has the right permissions, it should connect, but that tenant has to exist and the user login working.

Example from my implementation.

My cloud account is a trial account. Is it possible to connect the trial webMethods cloud account?

Also, I am having Integration Server on-prem on a docker which is again using a trial license. I am unable to find EntireX on the docker to install AS400. How should I install EntireX, can you point me to the steps for it?

It should work even with a trial account.
I assume the IS in a docker is 10.5 and this is what you’re attempting to use to connect to the cloud?

If so this is my exact implementation I have right here and where I took my screen grab from. Can you test external access from the container through to the cloud instance as it should work. Please ensure your username (which isn’t always an email address) is correct, and same with the password. You’re getting a 403 somewhere (forbidden) so also double check that you’ve put the webmethods.io integration URL in the configuration, and not the Software AG cloud link.

Let me check on EntireX. I believe it was included in the NaturalOne Free Trial.

I did use the integration URL in the configuration and the credentials are also correct. But still, it did not work. looks like I have defined an application under webMethods Cloud > Applications > Define Application but there are no packages/services in it.

For installing EntireX, I have created a docker for command central and connected to my repository using my license key. But now I do not understand how should the installation on IS docker?

It depends on the scenario if you require to install EntireX on AS/400.

For AS/400 inbound (IS outbound) nothing needs to be installed on AS/400. You only require the EntireX Adapter (installed in IS) with an AS/400 connection. Note this is not the webMethods AS400 Adapter mentioned earlier in this thread;
For AS/400 outbound (IS inbound) you would require EntireX on AS/400.

See “Common Integration Scenarios” in EntireX documentation.

1 Like

Thank you Bernhard.
Is webMethods AS400 different? I am very new to the softwareAG’s webMethods. I am trying to setup an environment for Australian Gas retailer which needs AS400 to connect to AEMO’s FRC hub for Gas. Please point me to webMethods AS400 so that I can choose the correct module to install.

Yes, there is webMethods AS400 Adapter and EntireX Adapter. Both can be used for AS/400 integration.
There is little information about yur integration scenario. You write write “AS/400 to connect to AEMO’s FRC hub”.
Does the AEMO’s FRC hub calls AS/400?
Does AS/400 call AEMO’s FRC hub?
What technology is at the AS/400 side? COBOL? Java?
Depedending on the answers, webMethods AS400 or webMethods EntireX may be more appropriate.

EntireX documentation can be found also on: https://documentation.softwareag.com; Search for EntireX.

As per my knowledge, the FRC hub uses Java. The FRC documentation says as below:

“The FRC Hub uses webMethods Integration Server as the application. The licence for this application also provides for the supply of webMethods software to participants to use as a gateway in the FRC Hub environment. The software can be installed and configured as an ebXML gateway out of the box, with services also provided to help integration with participants back end systems.”

This answers the technology used on IS side. What technology is at the AS/400 side? COBOL? Java?
Who calls whom?
Does the AEMO’s FRC hub calls AS/400?
Does AS/400 call AEMO’s FRC hub?

The calls should be made from both sides and will use Java

I think AEMO Australia might be using B2B module called ebXML module. According to what I can see here, https://www.aemo.com.au/-/media/files/gas/it_systems/2017/frc-hub-participant-user-guide.pdf?la=en.

Please take a look at the user guide documentation at Software AG Product Documentation. I think you should have sufficient information for you to proceed.

Thanks Mike, that helped us.

Can you also let us know how to invoke the My webMethods Web based url?

Hi Prasantarmaye,

This is the responsibility of implementer to find out all the relevant information you need to make the solution works. You need to put in some efforts of your own to do more research and understanding, and the documentation will at least give you some directions where to start for now.

I would suggest you to please kindly read the documentation shared. This section already let you know how to submit bizdoc from external to Trading Networks to get them recognized and trigger the relevant rule to process them.

ebXML Module Receive Service
The wm.ip.ebxml.MSH:receive service provides the receive service you should call for all incoming ebXML Message Service Protocol messages. The following is an example of an ebXML Ping message posted by HTTP.

Hi Mike,

Thank you, we have referred to the ebXML document that you have shared and it was helpful. We have finally developed a small service to perform ping(wm.ip.ebxml.pingUsingTPA) from our TN and we could successfully get a pong in response to it. The only place we are finding difficult to fix is that when another participant/TN sends a ping request to our server, we are able to send autoAck pong using wm.ip.ebxml.MSH:sendAck but we are expected to prefix the messageId with from PartyId which is not happening. Can you please help us to override the messageId output variable?

Thanks,
Prasantarmaye

Hi Prasantarmaye,

If you’re a customer/partner of SAG, please reach out to their GS to get help through Empower. Someone should be able to assist you on this.