Query:JDBC pool for connecting Oracle database

i’ve a problem in creating a JDBC pool for connecting to an Oracle database.
Through IS admin, the pool was creating using syntax mentioned in the webMethods documentation ; username, password were entered, etc… & the database name is specified as SID=GXS_WEB.TCSGEGDC.COM. Is the database_name given correctly as per webMethods convention?
(It’s correct with respect to Oracle!)
after creating this , when server was restarted , it showed the error message like … ’ …Oracle server couldn’t recognize ‘GXS_WEB.TCSGEGDC.COM’ . There’s no issue while connecting to this database through Oracle SQL Plus as well as PL/SQL…
but it’s not getting connected through webMethods… also, integration server isn’t getting started due to the error message…
can someone please help in this regard,
Thanks,
Irshad…

Make sure you have this configuration in place for example TN_Pool

Alias Name TN_Pool
Alias Description
Associated Driver Alias DataDirect Connect JDBC Oracle Driver
Database URL jdbc: wm: Oracle://xx.xxx.xx.xx:1521;SID=wmoracle (no spaces req)
User Id wmoracle
Password *****
Minimum Connections 0
Maximum Connections 10
Idle Timeout 60000 milliseconds

Test the functional alias to check for success.

If this doesnt work please post your configuration details we will see it and advice.

HTH,
RMG

i’m still getting the same error :
in addition, while enabling the JDBC adapter connection, the following error was encountered :
Error encountered

[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource JDBCConnection:jdbccon.[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.[ADA.1.200] The JDBC DataSource class "Oracle.jdbc.Pool.OracleDataSource" cannot be located.Oracle.jdbc.Pool.OracleDataSource.class not found 

The property settings given in JDBC adapter connection are as follows :

Connection TypewriteTD('rowdata-l');swapRows();JDBC Adapter ConnectionwriteTD('row');Package NamewriteTD('rowdata-l');swapRows();JDBCConnectsetNavigation('ListResources.dsp', '/WmJDBCAdapter/doc/OnlineHelp/wwhelp.htm?context=Help&topic=JDBC_ConfConnType', 'foo');Connection PropertieswriteTDspan('row');Transaction TypewriteTDspan('rowdata-l');swapRows();xl("LOCAL_TRANSACTION");LOCAL_TRANSACTION writeTDspan('row');DataSource ClasswriteTDspan('rowdata-l');swapRows();xl("Oracle.jdbc.Pool.OracleDataSource");Oracle.jdbc.Pool.OracleDataSource writeTDspan('row');serverNamewriteTDspan('rowdata-l');swapRows();xl("GRD_Server");TRF_Server writeTDspan('row');userwriteTDspan('rowdata-l');swapRows();xl("gxs");tgs writeTDspan('row');passwordwriteTDspan('rowdata-l');swapRows();****** writeTDspan('row');databaseNamewriteTDspan('rowdata-l');swapRows();xl("GXS_WEB");TGS_WEB.FRK.COMwriteTDspan('row');portNumberwriteTDspan('rowdata-l');swapRows();xl("1521");1521 writeTDspan('row');networkProtocolwriteTDspan('rowdata-l');swapRows();xl("TCP");TCP writeTDspan('row');Other PropertieswriteTDspan('rowdata-l');swapRows();xl("driverType=thin");driverType=thin resetRows();Connection Management PropertieswriteTDspan('row');Enable Connection PoolingwriteTDspan('rowdata-l');swapRows();truewriteTDspan('row');Minimum Pool SizewriteTDspan('rowdata-l');swapRows();1writeTDspan('row');Maximum Pool SizewriteTDspan('rowdata-l');swapRows();10writeTDspan('row');Pool Increment SizewriteTDspan('rowdata-l');swapRows();1writeTDspan('row');Block Timeout (msec)writeTDspan('rowdata-l');swapRows();1000writeTDspan('row');Expire Timeout (msec)writeTDspan('rowdata-l');swapRows();1000writeTDspan('row');Startup Retry CountwriteTDspan('rowdata-l');swapRows();0writeTDspan('row');Startup Backoff Timeout (sec)writeTDspan('rowdata-l');swapRows();10

Entries in tnsnames.ora file are proper as follows :

TGS_WEB.FRK.COM=
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = TRF_Server )(PORT = 1521))
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = wbirep1)
)
)

please help in resolving this issue :rolleyes:

JDBC adapter connection properties :

Connection Type JDBC Adapter Connection
Package Name JDBCConnect
Connection Properties
Transaction Type LOCAL_TRANSACTION
DataSource Class Oracle.jdbc.Pool.OracleDataSource
serverName TRF_Server
user tgs
password ******
databaseName TGS_WEB.FRK.COM
portNumber 1521
networkProtocol TCP
Other Properties driverType=thin
Connection Management Properties
Enable Connection Pooling true
Minimum Pool Size 1
Maximum Pool Size 10
Pool Increment Size 1
Block Timeout (msec) 1000
Expire Timeout (msec) 1000
Startup Retry Count 0
Startup Backoff Timeout (sec) 10

Hi!
the error encountered while setting jdbc connection is as follows:

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource JDBCConnection:jdbccon.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.200] The JDBC DataSource class “Oracle.jdbc.Pool.OracleDataSource” cannot be located.
Oracle.jdbc.Pool.OracleDataSource.class not found

jdbc adapter connection properties

Connection Type JDBC Adapter Connection
Package Name JDBCConnect
Connection Properties
Transaction Type LOCAL_TRANSACTION
DataSource Class Oracle.jdbc.Pool.OracleDataSource
serverName TRF_Server
user tgs
password ******
databaseName TGS_WEB.FRK.COM
portNumber 1521
networkProtocol TCP
Minimum Pool Size 1
Maximum Pool Size 10
Pool Increment Size 1
Startup Retry Count 0

also the TNSNAMES.ORA entries in oracle were checked :
TGS_WEB.FRK.COM=
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = TRF_Server )(PORT = 1521))
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = wbirep1)
)

please help in resolving:confused: :cool:

Hi,

please try the following class name (they are case sensitive!!!):
oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource

networkProtocol needs not be filled.
If using Thin Mode the tnsnames.ora is not used by the driver.

Regards,
Holger

The JDBC driver class name is case sensitive and should be

oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource.class.

In order to connect to Oracle using the JDBC adapter, you will need to place the latest Oracle driver in the webm_home\IntegrationServer\lib\jars folder and restart IS if you have not already done so.

Mark

Hi,

Did you put the class.zip file in the following directory(IntegrationServer\packages\WmJDBCAdapter\code\jars)?
If not try this and restart the IS once.

Regards
Mani

Mani is correct, this error comes when oracle thin driver classes are not in classpath.Try to get the newest version of oracle thin driver (10g) which has support for CLOB also.

Can you please let me know where can I find the class.zip file,that has to be kept under IntegrationServer\packages\WmJDBCAdapter\code\jars.

Thanks in Advance

Mark,
Can you please let me know where can i get the latest Oracle driver? I have the Oracle client installed in my system.

While trying to Connect to Oracle database using JDBC Adapter I am getting the following error:

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource eaidb:eaidbConnection.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.200] The JDBC DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource” cannot be located.
oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource

The Properties which I have given is given below. ( I am able to connect through SQL Plus, but not with webMethods)

Connection Properties
Transaction Type NO_TRANSACTION
DataSource Class oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource
serverName 10.16.16.196
user webMethods
password ******
databaseName eaidb
portNumber 1521
networkProtocol

Minimum Pool Size 1
Maximum Pool Size 10
Pool Increment Size 1
Startup Retry Count 0

Please help me out.
Thanks in Advance.

You can find classes12 in oracle installation folder oracle\ora92\jdbc\lib.

Problem Solved. Thanks a lot Shahid and Mike.
I copied the ojdbc14.jar and ojdbc14_g.jar ( found in ora9i/jdbc/lib, where Oracle has been installed) under IntegrationServer\lib\jars and restarted the IS.