pub.client:ftp problems using put

[SIZE=1]I have concluded that there is a problem with the ‘put’ java routine which is called from ‘ftp’ flow within WmPublic, pub, client.
I have been investigating theproblem via BC Developer and using a local ftp instance (which is on the BC server).
The symptoms are:
I can happily do an ‘ls’ to list the ftp directory contents, either from the root of the ftp server of from a given sub-folder (which is passed as ‘dirpath’).
However as soon as I select the ‘put’ command as an input parameter, I can’t seem to get anything working, even though the file which is being uploaded is available on the local file system (and indeed visible in the correct place on the server).
I have been able to do the file ‘put’ manually via ftp quite happily.
Does anyone have examples of having used this Java routine successfully before?

We are running SAP Business Connector 4.7
[/SIZE]

I am not sure I understand you quite right.

Are you saying that the pub.client.ftp:put service is not working as expected?

Can you please elaborate your problem?

Yes.
I have been running the ‘ftp’ flow step-by-step in BC Developer. When I select ‘ls’ as the command, there is no problem. It lists the files on the ftp server correctly, including when a dirpath is specified.
However, when I change command to ‘put’ and have a localfile and remotefile specified as parameters, the flow fails at the ‘put’ step.

What is the error message? How exactly does it fail? What are the input parameter values you are specifying?

Does your wM ftp user have enough permissions to put the files on that remote dir??pls make sure with respective admin.Also what is the exact error message that is thrown by put service (getlastError etc…)??

HTH,
RMG

The error message was ‘file not found’. However, I have since worked out that the ‘localfile’ parameter defaults to the SAP BC server directory, not the local file system default that you get to when doing a manual ftp. When I put in a path and filename, I the ‘ftp’ flow with ‘put’ does work as expected. Sorry for leading you up the garden path with this one!

Yes, no file permission problems. I have now made some progress however…
The error message was ‘file not found’. However, I have since worked out that the ‘localfile’ parameter defaults to the SAP BC server directory, not the local file system default that you get to when doing a manual ftp. When I put in a path and filename, I the ‘ftp’ flow with ‘put’ does work as expected. Sorry for leading you up the garden path with this one!