pub.client.ftp:get service hangs while getting file from ftp server.

Hi All,

i am working on wm 7.1.1 version

my requirement is connect to the ftp server and get the file and move to the files to archieve folder and deleting the file,so i am using below steps.

mail block–
try block--------
1)pub.client.ftp:login ----given transfertype “active” ,timeout is “60000” and server details as a input

2)pub.client.ftp:cd—changing directory from root directory by passing sessionkey
3)pub.client.ftp:ls-------------sessionkey and filenamepattern . as a input

4)loop over dirlist
4.1)pub.client.ftp:get—sessionkey,transfermode,remotefile(mapped dirlist as input)
4.2)pub.client.ftp:cd------TO THE ARCHIEVE FOLDER
4.3)pub.client.ftp:put–TO PUT FILE INTO THE ARCHIEVE FOLDER
4.3)pub.client.ftp:cd— to come back
4.4)pub.client.ftp:delete-------delete file in directory
4.5)mapping to the tempdocument(fiilename,filecontent)
4.6)MAP STEP TO APPEND TO THE TEMP DOCUMENTLIST
cathblock--------

i kept this code in flow service ,output of the service is documentlist(fiilename,filecontent)

i am invoking this service in schedular service by passing ftp server details as a input,schedular runs every 300 seconds

i am able to connect to the ftp server and get the files from ftp server this code did not give any problems for 4 days.

in fifth day lot of the files i kept in ftp server folder about 10-20 files(Size is about 10-20 KBS) than schedular showing “Running” Status every time and in integration console serviceusage showing

pub.client.ftp:get(1)
           schedular service also showing as a usage

i am not getting any error message here but schedular status showing always “Running”.

might be this is performance issue.

so can any one help me to improve the performance if this is performance problem,if not then suggest me the code changes if i am doing wrong,might be in looping pub.client.ftp:get service is busy in getting files.

Regards,
anil kumar ellendula

I don’t see pub.client.ftp:logout(sessionkey) step in your flow…can you make sure that?

HTH,
RMg

A suggestion…

Instead of using
4.2)pub.client.ftp:cd------TO THE ARCHIEVE FOLDER
4.3)pub.client.ftp:put–TO PUT FILE INTO THE ARCHIEVE FOLDER
4.3)pub.client.ftp:cd— to come back
4.4)pub.client.ftp:delete-------delete file in directory
for archiving the file, you can use the ftp rename operation to move the file from request folder to archive folder.

Make sure that you execute the logout at the end of the operation.

• Prithvi