'pub.client.ftp:get' file size Limitation

Hi,

Is there any size limitation for ‘pub.client.ftp:get’ o transfer a file from One FTP to another.

we have left ‘Largefilethreshold’ to blank means all files are treated as blank…in this case what is the max size file that can be transfered…

When i tested a file with 50KB is successufully transfered but a file around 2.5 MB is not transfered and ending up(timing out) with an ABOR after 6 hours(really huge time)…

Could any one help me in this?

I won’t recommend FTP transfer for largefile using out of box services, please browse through there are very nice post which suggest to transfer the files by streaming them. I remember there was some suggestion to use “proxy” command.

check this thread, hope it helps!

[url]wmusers.com

-nD

In order to handle small and large files(use stream data) you should set the “largefilethreshold” param Set to any value greater than 0 or to 0 and it returns output contentStream,using this continue further data retrieval steps. And also in the ftp:login set the clientTimeOut to 0 (session will never timeout)

Also check this article:
[URL]http://advantage.webmethods.com/article/?id=1614326644[/URL]

HTH,
RMG

Thx you for the fast reply…

I am using Local file and remote files paths, so the FTP transfer is between files and i am not using content and content stream…

i have one more clarification here as i am using local file path i hope content of file is only available in Local Path and
not in Content( ‘pub.client.ftp:get’ output pipeline)

Thx you for the fast reply…

I am using Local file and remote files paths, so the FTP transfer is between files and i am not using content and content stream…

i have one more clarification here as i am using local file path i hope content of file is only available in Local Path and
not in Content( ‘pub.client.ftp:get’ output pipeline)

If you are trying to retrieve a local file use pub.file:getFile (loadAs=stream for large files) service and you don’t need ftp comm for that.

HTH,
RMG