PSFT Adapter errors upon BSFN execute

Whenever we execute a JDE business function using the Peoplesoft EnterpriseOne connection we receive an adapter error message. Let’s say the business function is a simple UDC lookup, the lookup fails because the entry doesn’t exist in the data file, the business function returns an error code and an error message, etc… However, the webMethods flow service that invoked the BSFN receives an adapter error. Has anyone experienced this? Is there something that needs to be configured on the adapter connection?

We have the same issue, anybody have any solution for this where we can change a setup and get rid off this issue.

What is the adapter error message? (Please enclose it in

[CODE]
tags for readability).

Mark

It is not configurable on the adapter

Its just the way the JDE-adapter is designed, For Data related errors the BSFN adapterService throws an Service exception in calling flows and exits to the catch block. Depending on how you code you can leverage.

Hi,

I have a query related to this. In a adapter service of mine which is calling a BSFN, upon an Invalid field it should throw an error and should go in the catch sequence as per stated by you. But instead the execution is successful of the adapter service (though no insertion is taking place in JDE) and is not going into the catch sequence.

Hi Sudarshan,

Which Adapter Service you are calling and what is BSFN[ BXXXXXXXXXXX]. which EnterpriseOne adapter version you are using? let me know ? Some times you will get wrong results because of prerequisite datasetup is required in JDE?

Thanks,
Sree

The BSFN i am using is a standard BSFN, F4311EditLine. The adapter version is 8.96. Its not that the business fn is not responding at all, on providing a valid GL Account field the insertion is successfull. But on invalid gl account the service should fail at IS which is not happening. We have tested the BSFN manually at JDE side and for invalid account it is throwing the error which it should.

The BSFN i am using is a standard BSFN, F4311EditLine. The adapter version is 8.96. Its not that the business fn is not responding at all, on providing a valid GL Account field the insertion is successfull. But on invalid gl account the service should fail at IS which is not happening. We have tested the BSFN manually at JDE side and for invalid account it is throwing the error which it should.

can you execute BSFN explicitly directly from developer by giving input[ I mean don’t call BSFN from inside flow] . check the results in the output. let me know?

Thanks

Yes… I already tried to execute the adapter service seperately and I am geting the same response that way. That is I the BSFN is getting exexcuted for invalid GL account field.

Strange… Refresh the Adapter service and check if still not working raise support call with webMethods or Oracle JD-Edwards.

Thanks
-Sree