Project Automator - Jenkins

Hi,

I have used Jenkins to extract packages from SVN and build using ABE and Deployer.

Since Project automator expects a project_automator.xml , is there a way to dynamically create these .xml based on packages or maps passed (any shell scripts etcc.) or do we need to create them manually .

Also will variable substitution importVarSubs (of Deployer) , be able to change the endpoints,JNDI’s etc for the packages.

Thanks
Akhilesh

There are different ways of doing it.

Few of them have done this using groovy scripts and few them have done it using ProjectAutomator.xsd from WmDeployer package.

There is a solution implemented by SoftareAG and is marked as Prime Tool. You might want to get it from Sales Contact.

Thanks Srikanth,

I will check with Sales team too. Are you saying something on these lines to create xml files ?? Groovy Goodness: Creating XML with MarkupBuilder - Messages from mrhaki

Also will variable substitution importVarSubs (of Deployer) , be able to change the endpoints,JNDI’s etc for the packages ?

Dear Srikant,

I have also the same requirement.

Base on the latest component checked out from SVN i need to create project automator file so that only the components (which has been modiefied by developer) gets deployed.

If I use the groovy script for this will I also had to contact to the sales team ? Or can you explain what prime tool SAG provide for this and what exactly it does?

Hi
I am facing similar situation. Whenever I run the Jenkins job it is deploying all the packages exist under GitLab. Is there anyway to restrict to deploy only the packages which committed by the Developer.

Appreciate the help.