Problems with paragraphs

X-Application Version: 3.1.1
Tamino Version : 2.3.1.1
Platform : Windows 2000
WebContainer : Tomcat 3.2
JDK Version : 1.3.1

Hello,

I have an application which was created by generator. I have a text box where I need to put in three paragraphs. Even if I type the paragraphs properly on the next line, it comes up all together as a bundle after I input the contents. If I put a
tag, it is automatically replaced by < to < and > to >
Any ideas how to resolve this?

Thank you

[This message was edited by Harald Wolf on 27 Feb 2002 at 16:42.]

Hello,

the generator creates pages where the display tag have no ‘rawcontent’ attribute. This means text is displayed in a normalized form (e.g line breaks are ignored, spaces at the borders of the text are eliminated.

But you can edit your JSP page. Add the attribute rawcontent=‘true’ into the display tag where the original text with linebreak is required. For more detail look also into X-Application’s documentation of the display tag.

Remark: After editing the generated JSP page, a regeneration of the generator will overwrite your changes.

I hope, this will help you.

Bye,
Christian.

Hello,

Thankyou for the reply. I tried it
<bdm:display select=“$POS” rawcontent=“true”/>
Hope this is correct.
It brings up an error. I think it is because of the X-application version I am using here. i have a beta test version here, 0.5.

Thankyou

Hello,

yes, you should switch to the current version 3.1.1 of your contribution list.

Another remark: select=‘$POS’ means that the position within a loop or browse tag is diplayed. In this case the content is an integer calculated by some JSP tags. The attribute ‘rawcontent’ is not useful for this kind of data. You should use it for display tags which access fields of an XML document.

Bye,
Christian.

Hello again,

I know a person who had the same problem. His application was based on X-Application 0.6 and he used the display tag in the following form:

<bdm:display select=“…” rawcontent=“true”/>

stops the browser from reformatting the text when it is displayed. To display linebreaks and whitespaces, the enclosing pre tag for the display tag is also useful when you use the current version 3.1.1 of X-Application. X-Application does not transform linebreaks or whitespaces to HTML tags (e.g. \n to
or ’ ’ to  ).

I hope, this hint is useful for realizing your project.

Bye,
Christian.

[This message was edited by Christian Freytag on 14 Jan 2002 at 16:14.]