Problem with

Hello,

I would like to know whether there are any problems when parsing an XML document which has a

(I assume by “pound symbol” you mean the UK currency symbol, Unicode x00A3, and not the hash symbol “#” which Americans often refer to as a pound sign).

The most likely reason for the problem is that you have used the iso-8859-1 representation of a

Thankyou very much for your response. In tamino, how do i specify the xml declaration to include the encoding? what i have done is created the collection and have loaded data into the database using Interactive Interface. How do i specify the encoding type?

Thankyou

quote:
Originally posted by Michael Kay:
(I assume by “pound symbol” you mean the UK currency symbol, Unicode x00A3, and not the hash symbol “#” which Americans often refer to as a pound sign).

The most likely reason for the problem is that you have used the iso-8859-1 representation of a

does the data you load into Tamino begin
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>

??

Yes it does. Still the error is coming. The error that comes up is.

Transformer Exception:javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0xa3) was found in the element content of the document.

Thankyou

quote:
Originally posted by Nigel Hutchison:
does the data you load into Tamino begin
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>

??

I think problem is because you are using
the Element method toString() to serialize the node toString produces a string representation of the node - but it is not an XML document - This method
is really only for debugging

To get an XML document

use the TaminoResult method toXMLString(node)

Documentation
java.lang.String toXmlString(org.w3c.dom.Node n)
This converts a DOM Node into a raw XML string.

like this

xml= myResult.toXMLString(myElement);

The Docuverse DOM has a class XMLWriter that is a kind of generalization of this.

[This message was edited by Nigel Hutchison on 05 Dec 2001 at 12:20.]