Problem with trace

HI,
I am having this strange problem with my flow service, when I trace, my flow works but when I run the service it doesn’t. My flow is as follows.

1.loop over document/results
2.Update status(JDBC transaction)

let me know if anyone has this type of problem before. Even I tried using start transaction and commit transaction. But no use. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Srinivas,

Is it problem with trace or when running the service?

What error are you getting when you run the flow?and what is the result output.

Please elaborate a bit more,so that we can help accordingly.

HTH,
RMG.

RMG,
The error i am getting this error,

Could not run ‘updateStatus’.
com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: [ART.117.4036] Adapter Runtime (Adapter Service): Unable to commit transaction. Transaction state:Transaction is rolled back .

I am not using start transaction and commmit transaction. I am executing it as a parent service. But when I step through the flow is working fine.

Srinivas,

Basically when you use start/commmit transaction services in a flow,doing Step/Trace will throw error, only choice is just running the flowservice.

Is the updateStatus is using Local_Transaction or No_Transaction connectionType?

Please make sure the start/commit services are disabled and also check the pipeline what is exactly going on before the updateStatus step by step thru and if everything looks fine then run the service normally and see what happens.

Sorry for taking ur time,just trying you to debug more.

HTH,
RMG.

Srini,

As RMG suggested, the start/commit transaction will throw the error if you try to trace the service but will work fine if you run the service. For the purpose of testing using trace/step… just disable the transaction steps and it would work fine.

The developer sometimes works in a wierdly intriguing manner when you try to trace the flows… the point mentioned above was brought forward in another post by Ray Moser… you can check it out here:
[url=“wmusers.com”]wmusers.com

Rohit

Guys;
I appreciate your valuable suggestions. The weird thing here is I did exactly what you said. I disabled the start transaction and commit transaction. Even at this moment I deleted these two steps from flow. So when i trace or step through the flow works well. But If I run the service it is giving rollback error. I have attached my flow for you see the problem. I am sorry if i am not clear with my problem.

My flow:
parent flow service:UploadStatus
child steps:1.selectservice
2.Map (output doc to results doc(strings:Id,Status)
3.Loop (over results)
3.1.map (results doc to input doc)
3.2 update status(with input doc)
4.map(to output doc)

There is no start transaction or commit transaction used. All are JDBC adapter Local transactions within a single database.

so when I step through this works fine status is updated. But when i run the parent it is giving the error I mention above which is roll back error. This is weird.

Thanks for your help.

wmflow-html view
file.zip (13.1 k)

Guys;
I appreciate your valuable suggestions. The weird thing here is I did exactly what you said. I disabled the start transaction and commit transaction. Even at this moment I deleted these two steps from flow. So when i trace or step through the flow works well. But If I run the service it is giving rollback error. I have attached my flow for you see the problem. I am sorry if i am not clear with my problem.

My flow:
parent flow service:UploadStatus
child steps:1.selectservice
2.Map (output doc to results doc(strings:Id,Status)
3.Loop (over results)
3.1.map (results doc to input doc)
3.2 update status(with input doc)
4.map(to output doc)

There is no start transaction or commit transaction used. All are JDBC adapter Local transactions within a single database.

so when I step through this works fine status is updated. But when i run the parent it is giving the error I mention above which is roll back error. This is weird.

Thanks for your help

wmflow-htmlview
wmflow.zip (13.3 k)

Are you seeing that error in the Developer or IS/server log?

Regards,

I am seeing the error in developer

thanks

Did you ever got this to work? What was the problem? I have used the JDBC adapter for years with IS 6.0.1. I’m now using IS 6.1 (no service packs) with JVM 1.3.1 on the server and 1.4.1 on the Developer box. I have the classes12.zip JDBC dirver jar file for Oracle. I can write an update service (regular and custom). It works fine when I test it alone. When I call it in a subflow, 0 records are updated. If I run the flow by itself (that calls the JDBC service), 1 record is updated.
I’ve played with the Transaction Start and Commit but these don’t seem to matter.
Any ideas why this would happen?

It turned out that an update using an alternate (compound) key would not work but an update using the primary key does work. So, I have a work around.