Problem in creating the repository server

Hi,

I have tried to configure the Repository Server for IS Clustering. While running the shell script repoui.sh from IntegrationServer/reposerver/bin directory it is giving the following error.

/usr04/WebMIS6666/IntegrationServer/lib/swingall.jar:
/usr04/WebMIS6666/IntegrationServer/lib/mail.jar:
/usr04/WebMIS6666/IntegrationServer/lib/proxy.jar:
/usr04/WebMIS6666/IntegrationServer/lib/looks-all.jar:/usr04/WebMIS6666/IntegrationServer/lib/kunststoff.jar
-Djava.security.policy=repo.policy -Xms128M -Xmx256M
Exception in thread “main” java.lang.InternalError: Can’t connect to X11 window server using ‘:0.0’ as the value of the DISPLAY variable.
at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.initDisplay(Native Method)
at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.(X11GraphicsEnvironment.java:134)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:141)
at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment(GraphicsEnvironment.java:62)
at sun.awt.motif.MToolkit.(MToolkit.java:81)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:141)
at java.awt.Toolkit$2.run(Toolkit.java:748)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(Toolkit.java:739)
at java.awt.SystemColor.updateSystemColors(SystemColor.java:417)
at java.awt.SystemColor.(SystemColor.java:409)
at com.webMethods.caffeine.utils.NonLocalizableConstants.(NonLocalizableConstants.java:55)
at com.webMethods.caffeine.i18n.Icons.(Icons.java:25)
at com.wm.app.repo.RepositoryServerUI.(RepositoryServerUI.java:54)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:219)
at com.wm.proxy.Proxy.invokeStaticMethod(Proxy.java:163)
at com.wm.app.repo.RepoProxy.main(RepoProxy.java:59)
at com.wm.app.repo.RepoProxy.start(RepoProxy.java:46)
at com.wm.app.Application.start(Application.java:354)
at com.wm.app.Application.launch(Application.java:468)
at com.wm.app.repo.Main.main(Main.java:44)

Please explain the reason of the problem and also how to solve it.

The problem is because the repoUI needs a display to run… I don’t think there’s a no-gui option (most of the webMethods tools have this)…
So a couple of options:

• use X port forwarding, you could set up cygwin and run an X server on your local machine, SSH in with X11 forwarding on and then you can get a full GUI just running on your local machine…
  • run the repo setup on another machine and look what it does to the config files.
    or
  • edit the config files yourself by hand

Of the available options, I’d probably try a combination of the last two…

regards,
Nathan Lee
http://www.customware.net/wmunit - WmUnit, test driven webMethods development

You will need to set your DISPLAY variable to point back to your X server (running most likely on your desktop). If you have firewalls in-between you will need to get them opened up for X communications between the server and your workstation.

Kick off X on your workstation (I use Reflections, but there are many alternatives) and telnet or ssh to your server. Set your DISPLAY to your workstation (DISPLAY=10.10.10.10:0.;export DISPLAY) and then kick off the script for the repoui.

If you are clustering you will need to modify the repoui.sh, repoconfig.sh and repostore.sh to include the jdbc driver (ojdbc14.jar for Oracle 9.x) in the CLASSPATH. I also noticed you will need to create a logs directory under the reposerver directory or you won’t be able to start.

Hope this helps.