PIESIME0002: Unable to start Integration Server / API Gateway

Product/components used and version/fix level:

Detailed explanation of the problem:

After installing the API Gateway on a Red Hat server, it is impossible to start the Integration Server and the API Gateway.
The error message below is what I’m receiving on Command Central when selecting the tab:

PIESIME0002: An error occurred while invoking a service on Integration Server:An error occurred while invoking a service on Integration Server:Integration Server is unavailable:Unexpected component status: STOPPED but should have one of [ONLINE, PAUSED] [EXPLANATION] The requested operation cannot be completed because the component cannot do the operation in its current runtime status.
[ACTION] Ensure that the component is in one of the expected statuses to complete this operation. For ONLINE status, start the parent runtime instance.
[EXPLANATION] An error occurred while attempting to access Integration Server. The details of the error will replace the Unexpected component status:
STOPPED but should have one of [ONLINE, PAUSED] [EXPLANATION] The requested operation cannot be completed because the component cannot do the operation in its current runtime status.

Error messages / full error message screenshot / log file:

server.log:
2024-04-23 18:52:06 CEST [ISS.0025.0001I] (tid=67) Integration Server 10.15.0.0 Build 674
2024-04-23 18:52:06 CEST [ISS.0025.0006I] (tid=67) License Manager started
2024-04-23 18:52:06 CEST [ISS.0014.0071I] (tid=67) Transaction Metering enabled.
2024-04-23 18:52:06 CEST [ISS.0001.0008W] (tid=67) Publish / Subscribe Functionality disabled due to license restrictions.
2024-04-23 18:52:06 CEST [ISS.0001.0008W] (tid=67) Adapter Runtime Functionality disabled due to license restrictions.
2024-04-23 18:52:06 CEST [ISS.0001.0008W] (tid=67) Guaranteed Delivery Functionality disabled due to license restrictions.
2024-04-23 18:52:06 CEST [ISS.0025.0041I] (tid=67) FIPS mode not initialized
2024-04-23 18:52:06 CEST [ISS.0014.0054C] (tid=67) Error occurred while initializing server: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError at com.entrust.toolkit.security.provider.Initializer.setProviders(Unknown Source) at com.wm.ext.jsse.EntrustUtils.initFIPSMode(EntrustUtils.java:114) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Server.run(Server.java:564)

Question related to a free trial, or to a production (customer) instance?

production

Definitely need more information then provided. Did you check the server itself directly and try to run it from command line directly? We need wrapper.log and server.log files (longer versions). What is the fix level? Was it working before? Did you apply any changes before it stopped working?

Thanks for your reply.
Attached are the requested log files (wrapper.log for SPM and server.log for IS).
No, it has never worked (I just completed the installation).
the fix level :
Integration Server Client 10.15 Fix 10
wrapper_SPM.log (8.3 KB)
server.log (7.1 KB)

Neither of the log files should be this short. Can you follow the steps below and copy the responses here?
ps -ef | grep sagis this will show you if IS process is running or not.
If it is running run curl localhost:5555

copy the file from /opt/softwareag/IntegrationServer/instances/default/logs/server.log change the installation directory accordingly if installed in to a different location. Don’t forget to mask any confidential information in the log file. Delete and start the server again to create a clean copy if it is too big.

copy the file from /opt/softwareag/profiles/IS_default/logs/wrapper.log

You can use command central to download all of these logs as well, but you need to load more logs.

/opt/softwareag/ will be different if installed into not a default location. Change it to where you installed it.

The process is not running.
I don’t have any other logs unfortunately :disappointed_relieved: :exploding_head:

You already shared some of the logs.

You can uninstall and install again or install it into a different directory. I guess that would be your fastest option. We are not fortune tellers unfortunately, we need some logs to work on. You can create a support incident and let them help you if you want. Personally I don’t like installing anything from command central. A lot of things can go wrong and you won’t even notice that from command central. If something goes wrong during production installation, I always delete everything and start over. Its both faster this way and safer in my opinion.

There are some confusing things with the information you provided though. You said it is a production environment but you sound like this is the first time you are installing webMethods and also sound like this is the first time you are doing anything with Integration Server. You shouldn’t start installation from production servers. You should start from dev and then go higher each time. If you do something wrong during prod installation, you will be stuck with that mistake for a very long time. Especially if this is the first time you are installing webMethods,

Stick to the installation document, don’t skip any step.
Install several times on lower environments and make sure there aren’t any exceptions, warnings etc before moving to higher environment.

This does look unusual. Either the installation itself is corrupted or you are trying to use an unsupported version of the JVM. Can you confirm if you are using the built in JVM version ? If yes, then I would suggest try reinstalling as this does look a corrupt installation.

Based on the log messages and the stack trace in particular, the IS appears to be attempting to initialize FIPS mode and failing. Is watt.security.fips.mode set to true in the server.cnf file by chance? If so, was it an intentional change?

Percio

This appears to be possibly caused because of missing fixes. It appears that entrust library may be out of sync with some other fixes. Can you please make sure that you have installed Security Infrastructure and Platform fixes installed along with Integration Server core?

Regards,
Kalpesh