People search from LDAP in CAF Portlet but not by using People Picker

Hi Experts,

Could someone suggest the best possible way to implement People search from LDAP without using People picker which CAF provides ( some kind of custom implementation ) .

Thank you.

Regards,
Nischal

Hi Nischal,
Are you trying to implement some functionality in CAF to serach LDAP user like getting all detail of a particular user ,group etc.
If so you can leverage the use of CDS library.
http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/web/guest/pwiki/-/wiki/Main/managing+users+with+the+common+directory+service+api#section-Managing+Users+with+the+Common+Directory+Service+API-LookupAUserByNameAndFetchAllAttribute

Please let know if you face any difficulty in using CDS library or if you are trying to implement something else.

Thanks
Baharul Islam

Hi Baharul,

Thank you for the helpful link which you just shared . Yes i am looking for a different kind if implementation where in user types in a text box kind of thing (something like a google search where user is shown with list of suggestions for the matching criteria) . Could Autocomplete Text input which CAF provides help me to implement such a thing ? If you have better suggestions to acheive this , do kindly share.

Thank you.

Regards,
Nischal

I am not sure about how to implement auto search types of thing.

I will try to make some poc on this.
If you get some way to implement this ,please share.

Thanks
Baharul Islam

HI Baharul,

Thank you for showing interest . Definitely i will share the results once i achieve this at my end . If you happen to achieve this at your end , do kindly share .

Regards,
NIschal

Hi Nischal,
I think you can use one approach here,but not sure how much feasible/perfect it will be :slight_smile: .
Use one AutoComplete Text Input box and link input for the same with one string list/array and on key press of the same fire some hidden action which will fetch data using CDS library functionality from LDAP.
Please let us know your thought on this.

Thanks
Baharul Islam