Passing a global variable value

I am new to web methods. I would like to add some debug statements in a flow service. I am using debuglog to print the message to the log. what I could not figure out is a way to give message and a variable value to the debug statement. What is the syntax to do this? I would like to be able to say something like " End of loop reached " + loopNumber. It does not work when i use it this way. There must be some character that is used inorder to say to the compiler that ‘loopNumber’ is a variable and needs to grab its value.

If you have a variable say iteration in the pipeline then try using this message for the debug log input “End of loop reached %iteration%” and check the perform variable substitution option to true.

Cheers,
Akshith

You have to be in the right scope.
Try to create a variable call it counter befor the loop and inside the loop map the iteration to that variable.

once you finish from the loop, add a debugLog and set the value to (End of loop reached %counter%).

Thanks Akshith. I could not find the property you mentioned to set. Is it on the message? or on the debug statement?

I found the property but it did not work. The message displays with the percentage(%) symbols instead of evaluating the string inside the symbols as a variable. Is there anything else that needs to be set to tell the compiler that it is a variable?

Reddi,

See the attached doc for reference. Also you might want to refer to the developers guide.

Cheers,
Akshith

It worked. Thanks Akshith.

Glad to hear that.

Cheers,
Akshith