We are using Naturall 6.1.1 Pl.03
Once you have installed Natural Runtime (which is basically a copy of Natural - without all the bells and whistels) you can do the followig:
(Note: This is how we do it, so, it might not be the best way.)
Your Natural Runtime file structure (in Win Explre) is a duplicate of your Natural file structure i.o.w.
Natural - c:\Program Files\Software AG\Natural…
Runtime - c:\Program Files\Software AG\Natural Runtime…
- After changes to code, SYSOBJH (Unload) affected libraries
- In Natural Runtime, SYSOBJH (Load) (API can be created)
- Now, in the Natural Runtime folder, we create a ZIP file(self extgractor) of the Natapps folder.
- This then needs to be distributed to the PC’s (that has Natural Runtime installed, and basically just extracted.
- We do the same with ADABAS. Create ZIPfile of the specific DB that needs to be ported.
- You basically need the following to be zipped:
- Prof (c:\Program Files\Software AG\Natural Runtime\6.1.1\Prof)
- ADABAS (c:\Program Files\Software AG\ADABAS\DB??
If you zip the content of these folders and duplicate them on the receiving PC’s, you should have your Runtime up and running.
(Note: Always reboot PC after unzipping to clear buffers, or write routine to clear buffers).
This is in a nutshell how we distribute that “package”. You can contact me at email@example.com.