Output elements are not visible in the pipeline

I am creating a flow service on webMethods.io and defined input and output elements for the flow service. But the output elements are not available in the pipeline when I am trying to map the transformed input. Am I missing anything.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks
Subash

Hello @subash_manakkal ,

Sharing screenshot of mapping would be helpful here ? Ideally should be able to map output elements.

Regards,
Bharath

2 Likes

Thanks Bharath for the response.

output definition for the flow service

pipeline screenshot from the first tokenize step in the try block ( output elements not visible )

pipeline screenshot from the last transform step in the try block and output elements ( firstname, lastname etc ) aren’t available to map.

Thank you Subash for the details.

Output variables always shows at the last flow step by default. If you have Try block and there are no steps defined yet in Catch block, then it will show in the last step of Try Block. Once you add any step in Catch block , it will show at the last step which is now in catch block.

If you want to have output variable to be mapped in between step, you can do copy field from I/O tab and then paste it in output pipeline of that step. Once it is mapped, subsequent steps will have that variable available.

Select the field in Output fields tab and copy it . You can copy using CTRL+C or Copy button

Then you can paste it, in any of the step output pipeline as needed and map it. You can use CTRL+V or paste button to paste it.

2 Likes

Hello @subash_manakkal ,

Apologies for delayed response.

As @tarak.konar explained you need to explicitly define the output value as the flow execution goes from top to bottom.

Regards,
Bharath

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.