Operations Guide for Regular Support and maintenance

Dear All,
We are embarking on a journey to support webmethod products such as Integration server and MFT(Active transfers and trading networks) in a production env.
We are looking for any kind of operation guide which can help us to handle production support and maintenance tickets which should focus on common issues and their troubleshooting mechanisms.

Let me know if there is already any operations guide available apart from the product documentation.
Your help is highly appreciated.

Sorry there are NONE available docs that you are looking for like Runbook etc…out of box

But I would suggest that you/middleware teams may need to start documenting that based on your operational errors (in lower/prod regions) and continue to do so as part of the Integration SOP’s which in turn will be used by Operational Support/AMS teams.

HTH,
RMG

SOP and operation manuals are the scope of the production support team, not falls into the scope of the software provider.

Also it’s different with each of the clients setup with the products they have. I don’t think it makes sense to ask SAG to provide, but instead it should be defined by each client own support team based on their needs.

For supporting the App’s once it hits production we ask the development team to prepare the support handover document, or any known issues and solution during the warranty support. I am sure this approach will help you if you have a good co-ordiniation between the dev and support teams.

Hi,

You might want to document the most common operations, to avoid searching the SAG docs (but don’t forget to revise them every other month).

SAG publishes some tuning and troubleshooting documents from time to time. They are useful.

Best regards,