NTLM.dll error

Hi,

we are recently migrated from 6.1 to 7.1 Environment. we were testing all the packages,i have encountered the following error when i ran a particular service.

[SIZE=2][COLOR=darkred]Error Reason : Link Error: D:\webMethods71\IntegrationServer\packages\WmWin32\code\libs\NTLM.dll: Can’t load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform.

when i trace the service iam getting a different error:
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:NoClassDefFoundError

do you think we have different dll’s for 32 bit and 64 bit operating systems?? if yes, where can i get 64 bit dll’s?

Environment: windows 2003 server SP2
webemthods 7.1 IS
Developer 7.1

please shed some light on this issue.

Thanks,
VJ

[/COLOR][/size]

VJ,
The webMethods software suite does have different downloads based upon OS including 32 or 64bit. You get those via installer and your advantage account and check to see which 64bit or 32bit OS’s are supported and on which chipset. Looks you need Windows 2003 R2 64bit and the corresponding webMethods 7.1 software 64bit.

[url]https://advantage.webmethods.com/bookshelf_cross_component#2000002205[/url]

Hi mark,

Thanks for the quick reply, i checked with my network folks. we are currently using the following environment:
windows 2003 R3 64 bit operating system
webMethods 7.1 IS installed with 64 bit

hmm, the package name is a clue, WmWin32. Not sure if you are really running the 64bit version of IS or if webMethods decided to include a 32bit dll in the 64bit version.

Mark, Following information gives you a good idea of our environment.

Product webMethods Integration Server
Version 7.1.1.0
Updates None
Build Number 134
SSL Strong (128-bit)

Server Environment
Java Version 1.5.0_12 (49.0)
Java VM Name Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM
Java Build Info 1.5.0_12-b04, mixed mode

we are currently stuck with the interfaces which were running fine in 6.1 are failing in 7.1.1 due to 32 bit dll’s.
Any idea how can i resolve this issue.

Thanks,
VJ

I’d probably open a ticket with webMethods if you haven’t already. It doesn’t sound like these 32bit dlls are compatible with the 64bit OS you are using. 32bit dll’s don’t necessarly run be default on a 64bit OS. I’d talk with webMethods to see if these are suppose to or if this is a bug.

hey Folks… it’s an old post… but interested in solution of this problem?

VJ: were you able to resolve this issue? I have similar situation in my project too…

Hi devexpert,
How did you install your environment like
1.you have been provided with some image file for this installation
2.Or you did this installation on line like once you start your installer by providing the advantage user credentials.

My guess is if you want to run your webMethods environment on Windows 64 bit OS while installing or preparing a image file with the required components you have to choose accordingly.

please let me know if this helps or do you need any more information

Thanks & Regards,
Venkata Vidya Sagar Pokuru

Vidhyasagar:

There is no issue with environment inconsistency, I am running with 64Bit image on 64Bit windows platform, the issue is wmWin32 package contains a dll file which is compatible with 32 bit environments. So this package is not compatible for running on 64 Bit machines…

Since this package is depreciated in newer version’s according to SAG we should use wmDotNet package rather than using wmWin32 package for interactions with MS ssytems… wmDotNet package looks okay to me but i haven’t figured out how to implement integrated authentication/NTLM authentication using this package yet.