NodeLevelUpdate.dll

Seems like for operations such as “insertBefore, appendChild, etc…” to work… we need the ISAPI filter “NodeLevelUpdate.dll”.

It apparently doesn’t ship with the default database. Does anybody knows from where can I get this “dll”…

Run the setup.exe from ino directory on the CDROM. You are prompted for license key, installation path etc but eventually you get the installation options: customized, full, typical. Choose Customized, choose Client only, then click Change when “Client” is selected and you are presented with a list of components. You’ll notice the last item is the “Pass - Thru servlet” which is by default not selected. Installing this will include NodeLevelUpdate.dll.

Hi Stuart;

Thanks for pointing me to the twisted way of getting to “NodeLevelUpdate.dll”. Now when I try to load it into IIS, I get “Not loaded” status.

The other dll - modiis.dll loads fine.
The NodeLevelUpdate.dll is about 60KB. I am running Windows 2000 and IIS that ships on the Windows 2000 CD (not sure what version is that)

–naren

:stuck_out_tongue:

When loading ISAPI filters, you have to restart IIS completely (i.e the WWW service). You also need to ensure you have the Microsoft XMLDOM activex control installed and registered.

Stuart :

Thanks for your response.

I did restart the service and also rebooted my machine. I checked - I have MSXML 1.0 installed and registered in my registry.

As I mentioned earlier, modiis.dll gets loaded immediately.

Any thoughts ??

–naren

quote:
Originally posted by Stuart Fyffe-Collins:
When loading ISAPI filters, you have to restart IIS completely (i.e the WWW service). You also need to ensure you have the Microsoft XMLDOM activex control installed and registered.

I believe you need MSXML v3.