New to webmethods

Hello all,

I am new to webmethods. Please suggest me some tutorials which helps to understand basic concept of webmethods which will be useful to learn advanced topics. My intention is to integrate SAP using webmethods.

Thanks
Srinivasan

Software AG provides documentation to its product. The best way to learn the webMethods is to going through the documentation.

Move of Documentation to Empower Postponed. Now it is available publicly at http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation. It is expected to be moved to a single secure and centralized location.

After June 15 th it will redirect to Software AG’s Empower site where you will need an Empower username and password to log in. so hurry up. :slight_smile:

Thanks

Hi Ramakrishna,

Thanks for ur valuable suggestion. Actually i dont know what u mean by documents will be moved to Empower.In Empower also, we can register and access right(or its a paid one)?? Anyways, Just want one more suggestion. I came to know that we use SAP Adapter webmethods integration. In the site,

http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/webmethods/adapters_estandards/Adapters/SAP/SAP_6-5/webMethods%20SAP%20Adapter%20User's%20Guide%206.5.pdf

I found the above one. Will this be enough or some other things also available…

Thanks
srinivasan

Go through the Service Development Help to understand the basics to write integration solutions.

You can go through the following link http://idnxchange.com/webmethods-blogs.html to see some step by step scenarios.

Refer
[url]New to webMethods - Read this topic - webMethods - Software AG Tech Community & Forums

Hi,

I joined Infosys in 2014 as a fresher and got my first project(already got project earlier but refused after some months). This project involves developing a application and integrating with existing system of client.It uses WebMethod’s Integration server, designer, ARIS Mashzone, Terracotta server array etc. But I am completely unaware of these tools. My knowledge is limited to Java/J2EE and RDBMS only which I learned during training period. My Project Manager has told me that it is an excellent and golden opportunity for me that I have got this project and I can get to learn a lot of things. One thing I got to know that it is some how related to EAI. My training on these tools is about to begin in sometimes. So please suggest me what will be my career in this field and with these tools because I am starting my professional career with this technology and I don’t want to regret later. Yes I am eager to learn new things provided it must be based on Java or somehow related to Java.
Please tell me am I on right career path.

Hello Swapneel,

Welcome to webMethods World! :slight_smile:

Do not worry you are on the right track. webMethods is one of niche tools available in the market. The product itself is running on JAVA. Wishing you all the best for your professional career.

Since you are a new user this forum is meant for discussing technical related issues or questions w.r.t webMethods Product Suite.