NEIMW241 0250 NAT6296 Fatal error in the communication.

Our UNIX admin has created a new Natural environment called CISNDV on a HP-UX machine with the components listed below. I have installed the NaturalONE components on a Virtual XP instance running in Win7.

In NaturalONE, I mapped a Natural Server to the new CISNDV Natural environment on HP-UX. I can edit, cat, and stow through NaturalONE and see the changes saved in the CISNDV Natural environment on HP-UX.

Here is what I have encountered so far:

1) On the HP-UX file system, the Natural source is showing the owner as SAG. I would expect it to use my ID as it does when I edit a Natural object through the Natural editor in our development environment. Is there a setting I need to change for the CISNDV environment?

2) When I’m in Natural editor in the CISNDV, I get the “NAT6296 Fatal error in the communication” message when I try to edit a Natural object. Is this an install issue?

3) While using the IDL Extractor for Natural in the EntireX perspective in NaturalONE, I get "“Broker Error 0013 0313: Send/receive failed for HPI1:8601 (java.io.EOFException)” when defining the RPC environment.

If anyone can help with any of these issues, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Alan

Installed on Virtual XP running on Win7 machine:

• NaturalONE 8.1.5.v00018658
  • Natural for Eclipse 8.1.5.v00018658
  • Service Development 8.1.5.v00006907
  • EntireX Workbench 8.1.3.0000-0254
  • Natural Engineer 8.1.2.v20100602_0001
  • Web Services Stack 8.0.5.0000-146
  • Java 6 Update 30

Installed on HP-UX B.11.31

• Tomcat 8.0
  • System Management Hub 8.1.2.177
  • Natural Development Server
  • Natural WEB I/O
  • Entire Screen Builder
  • EntireX 8.1 SP1
  • Natural v 6.3.8 PL 0
  • Entire Access for TCP/IP

Installed on LINUX

• Oracle 11G

Issue #2 is fixed.

1. When I’m in Natural editor in the CISNDV, I get the “NAT6296 Fatal error in the communication” message when I try to edit a Natural object. Is this an install issue?

Our UNIX admin corrected a setting with Entire Screen Builder and Natural on the UNIX box. I am now able to edit a Natural object through the Natural editor. I’ll try to get more information as to what setting was corrected and post it later.

Issue #3 was a user error on my part.

1. While using the IDL Extractor for Natural in the EntireX perspective in NaturalONE, I get "“Broker Error 0013 0313: Send/receive failed for HPI1:8601 (java.io.EOFException)” when defining the RPC environment.

I was using the host name and port for Tomcat. Once I entered the actual Broker ID, I was able to create the RPC environment and create the IDL file.

Here is the information our UNIX admin used to resolve Issue #2:

Since we are now using Entire Screen Builder, we must create a separate Natural nucleus and call it “natnsw”. Here is the procedure we use to build both Natural nuclei and move them into place:

$ cd $NATDIR/$NATVERS/bin/build

$ unset LD_PRELOAD

$ make natural osx=yes ada=yes rpc=63

$ make install

$ make clean

$ make natural osx=yes ada=yes rpc=63 nsw=yes

$ mv natural natnsw

$ cp –p natnsw …

$ rm natnsw

$ cd …

$ chmod 775 natnsw