need to ftp to a library on iseries instead of a directory

I have the step pub.client:ftp in my flow service. When I place a directory name in dirpath, my service works great and the files get ftped correctly. But when I place an iseries library name in dirpath, I get error 550 invalid directory (directory does not exist). How can I ftp files to iseries library instead of a directory? Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks
Siva

Hi Siva,

which wM version are you using?

Can you describe the use case a bit more in detail?

Regards,
Holger

I am using version 9.7. for example when I have “/i3PL_TEMP/” in dirpath and “PO3.txt” in remotefile, ftp places the PO3.txt in the i3PL_TEMP directory of AS400.

On the otherhand when I have “/QGPL.lib/GENP2IN.lib” in dirpath and “PO3.txt” in remotefile, most of the times I get error
550-NAMEFMT set to 1.
550-Specified directory does not exist or cannot be accessed.
550 Working directory not changed.
Sometimes I dont get that error. Whether I get the error or or not, FTP does not place the PO3.txt in GENP2IN.

Thanks
Siva

Hi Siva,

I am still trying to understand what you want to achieve by adding file remotely to a lib.

Please try to explain.

Regards,
Holger

The source (XML) and the target (FF) are in two different server and we are trying to use Software AG as an integration server. The customer wants the file in the library instead of a directory. That is how their programs are written in AS400 to get files from library instead of a directory.

if I do not have a / in dirpath Software AG will throw an error invalid directory name. If I have a / in dirpath for libraries, software AG does not care. But AS400 when it is sees / it thinks it is a directory instead of a library. Because AS400 does not use / for libraries.

I tried to read a file within the system using getfile with directory as you specified, I am getting the file content properly. At this moment, I don’t have possibility to use ftp service, but surely will try. If possible, share your flow service.

Thanks,

Hi Siva,

one last option I can think of:

ftp the file to a remote directory and then add it remotely to the lib from there.
remove the ftp´ed file afterwards,

I am not used to AS400 systems but it sounds like a weird requirement which should be reconsidered.

Regards,
Holger