FTP Gateway Issue, Need Help

I have a situation when I’m using FTP Gateway to get a file from external FTP site with below unix command:

‘cd /ftphome/bit11715/atsg2/WIPTS/raw_data_tsmc;get BP_EWO_ATSG_20071017093007.XML’

for some reason, It came back with an error saying: the directory can not be found

I think the root cause might be that I didn’t specify the Local Directory where I want to put the file. The local root directory denying permission to write access so I have to put it somewhere else.

How can I work around this? Please advise.

Thanks,
Andre

The Local Directory when using get in ftp is AFAIK usually the current directory from where you call ftp. The error message says that the directory cannot be found, that is the /ftphome/bit… directory. Some part of the path is just not right, maybe a typo? Using an old fashioned ftp program in a shell you can type ftp , after being prompted for name and password your prompt should be something like ftp> . Here enter cd and then try the path. dir usually works to list the content, so you can see the subdirectories. When in the subdirectory with the file, type get and it should be transferred to your workdirectory.
However, this is more of a “Howto” for FTP from command line, it is not on XQuery and related questions at all…