need help with JNDI Lookup

Hi,

I have just migrated my application from weblogic 8.1, JDK 1.4 to weblogic 9.1 with JDK 1.5. I was using webMethods 6.1 initially to import xmls into my application. When I migrated the application to 9.1, I am not able to carry out a lookup on an EJB which has been properly deployed and shows up in the weblogic console for deployed applications.

The exception I get while lookin up the EJB is

$errorDumpcom.wm.lang.flow.FlowException:The client was unable to lookup the EJBHome. Please make sure that you have deployed the ejb with the JNDI name com.manh.tpm.ejb.session.tpmsessionfacade.TPMSessionFacadeHome$errorInfo$errorDumpcom.wm.lang.flow.FlowException:The client was unable to lookup the EJBHome. Please make sure that you have deployed the ejb with the JNDI name com.manh.tpm.ejb.session.tpmsessionfacade.TPMSessionFacadeHome$errorThe client was unable to lookup the EJBHome. Please make sure that you have deployed the ejb with the JNDI name com.manh.tpm.ejb.session.tpmsessionfacade.TPMSessionFacadeHome$localizedErrorThe client was unable to lookup the EJBHome. Please make sure that you have deployed the ejb with the JNDI name com.manh.tpm.ejb.session.tpmsessionfacade.TPMSessionFacadeHome$errorTypecom.wm.lang.flow.FlowException$serviceLCOMM100.Testing:TestDirectASN2004R1$userAdministrator$time2007-04-14 13:09:38 GMT+05:30

Can anyone please help me with this?

Thanks

You need to copy the weblogic.jar for WLS 9.x to IS and replace the older version. You no longer need to copy the EJB deployment jar files for the EJBs you are accessing.

See the EJB Adapter Installation Guide in webm_home\IntegrationServer\packages\WmEJBAdapter\doc for detailed instructions on installing and configuring the WM EJB Adapter.

The EJB adapter uses a JNDI properties file in a location of your choosing to determine how to connect to the app server. Did you update that file to point to your new app server?

See the EJB Adapter User’s Guide for more details on configuring the adapter and using the adapter services.

HTH,

Mark

Please see the post below

Hi Mark,

Well, till now I was not using the EJB Adapter to establish a connection. I had written my own Java Service for this. But now, I tried to configure the EJBAdapter. I specified the properties file, the weblogic.jar (9.1) is there in the classpath, however, when I try and create a connection, it gives me an exception.

The parameters I used are: (apart from Package name etc. )

Connection Type: EJB Local Connection
EJB Server Type : WebLogic8.1 (there is no option for 9.1!)
EJB Caching Level : None
rest of the properties are the same.

When I save this connection and try enabling it, I get this

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource DemoTest:TestConnection2.[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.[ADA.640.3006] Failed to get InitialContextnull