Natural One 9.1.1 with Natural 8.2.7

Can you utilize the Natural One 9.1.1 editor with Natural 8.2.7 or do you have to upgrade to Natural 9.1.1? I’m trying to figure out how to go about the whole Natural One install.

You can use the NaturalONE 9.1.1 with a Natural for Mainframe 8.2.7 if you have bought licenses for NaturalONE.
But you cannot use the free version NaturalONE version delivered with Natural 9.1.1. together with Natural for Mainframe 8.2.7. This is only possible with Natural 9.1. on the Mainframe
The reason is, that we did a like-kind exchange of the green screen editors which are disabled in Natural for Mainframe 9.1.1 and you get instead NaturalONE 9.1.1 (and the NDV).

Hi,

You disabled the 3270 interface ? This not a technical decision because in your Natural 9 installation manual. you have IVP’s and none of the IVP’s work any more.

So, the whole market place is full of legacy Natural systems and you suddenly, just RIP out the 3270 interface , disable the IBM Language Environment interface, the ICU interface, the TSO interface and you are doing this, with a smile on your face ?

Why not leave the 3270 interface and “tease” the users to use Natural ONE but better facilities and function. Currently, every time you start Software Designer on your desktop, it takes 5 minutes to actually get going and you want me to use this instead of the TSO interface ?

Anton

Nothing happened “suddenly”, every single SAG event I attended in the last couple of years clearly pointed out the green-screen program editor will be disabled with 9.1

LE … Steps 12 and 14 in the install docs

ICU … see “Installing International Components for Unicode for Software AG on z/OS”

Wolfgang,

Thanks for the feedback and YES, I had to enable ICU and LE the hard way in the last 5 days.

The 3270 Interface ?

The current Natural Developers are all in their 50’s and 60’s and just forcing them into the ECLIPSE world are NUTS. I would rather propose, you do the transition gradually. Most legacy sites are going to insist on Software AG reenabling the 3270 interface ex/ I installed all the Natural 9 products and I can not run any IVP’s until I have installed the NDV and setup Natural One on my workstation. You have IVP’s in all your Natural product installation manuals that are assuming, that the 3270 interface is still around :

Anton

I got my Natural 911 running in TSO using the Nat V826 TSO interface but I had to create two sets of NATPARMS. One with the V826 macros for the front-end and one with the V911 macros for the backend and then I managed to get Natural V911 to talk to me in TSO.

Now I get : NAT7743 Editor is disabled in Natural. Use NaturalONE instead or send more money to Software AG and please round the amount off to the nearest million dollars.

Library XXXXXXXX - Natural System Message NAT7743 - Page 1 of

Editor is disabled in Natural. Use NaturalONE instead.

Tx *** Short Text ***

Editor is disabled in Natural. Use NaturalONE instead.

Ex *** Explanation ***

As of Natural Version 9.1, the editor is disabled by default.
Instead of the editor, you have a NaturalONE component and an
integrated Natural Development Server component with the Natural
product package both for developing Natural applications with NaturalONE
and communicating via Natural Development Server.
If you still need the editor in your mainframe/UNIX/LINUX
Natural environment, contact your Software AG Sales Organization.
If you wish to use the mainframe/UNIX/LINUX editors and NaturalONE with
Natural Development Server in parallel, we offer both products as
chargeable licenses.

Ac *** Recommended Action ***

Contact your Natural administrator for support and sympathy.

Anton

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.