NATURAL maps on UNIX

We are running Natural Application on UNIX and there are several maps where we need to add more fields to and do not have enough space.
Of course we could just split the map in two, but it would require significant coding changes.
We were told by SAG folks that there is a scrolling capabilities for Natural maps in UNIX and we just have to change map size.
I tried to do that without any success. Map did not get bigger than the screen and did not give me the scrolling option.

Has anybody ever used it?

We would appreciate any help, it would save us a lot of time.

Thanks
Yelena

I must confess to not knowing the idiosyncracies of Natural under Unix. That said, on a mainframe, Natural has extensive “windowing” capabilities.

For example:

FORMAT PS=46
SET KEY PF5=‘%W+’ NAMED ‘DOWN’ PF6=‘%W-’ NAMED ‘UP’
INPUT put fields throughout the 46 lines of height.
you will initially see the top 23 lines of the INPUT statement. Hit PF5 and you will see the bottom 23 lines. Hit PF6 and you will be back at the top, etc.

If you will e-mail me at the address below, I will send you the last issue of Inside Natural which contains an introduction to Natural windowing.

steve

Steve’s example works on UNIX.

1. change the map profile to the desired size (e.g. 46 lines)
  2. Set some PF-Keys in the calling program like Steve does.
  3. INPUT USING MAP

You can omit the FORMAT PS=46 because it’s implied in the map.

I understand how it works with PF-Keys. What I need in to be able to use an arrow to scroll Down and Up within all 46 (or whaever) lines of the map.
As an example I can use Natural Development Facility on Unix.
It looks very much like on Mainframe but has some additional features which I would like to use. Scrollling is the one of them.
For an examlpe when you are listing all the objects in the library you can scroll Down to the end and Up do the beginning of the list.
I am just wondering if this is written in Natural or in some other language else. Maybe someone knows?

Thanks
Yelena

Once again, I must admit to not knowing the idiosyncracies of Natural under Unix. However, if the PF key windowing “stuff” (%W+ and %W-) works, then my guess is that all the other windowing stuff (e.g. %W++ for go to the bottom, %W-- to go to the top, %W+1 to go down one line, etc) also works.

The only way an “arrow” would work is if Natural, in some way, “knows” about arrows, even if it is only via a Hex value. Following an INPUT statement you could check for however Natural knows a down arrow, then issue a %W+1, etc

steve