Natural IDL

Theo,

EntireX was installed on a Windows NT machine (standalone) in order to maintain certain Natural IDL files. A default broker ETB001 was set up and when accessing the Broker Administration screen the broker is up and running. The problem is when I access the Natural IDL application that I get the following message: Theo,

EntireX was installed on a Windows NT machine (standalone) in order to maintain certain Natural IDL files. A default broker ETB001 was set up and when accessing the Broker Administration screen the broker is up and running. The problem is when I access the Natural IDL application that I get the following message: Error 0215 0148 EntireX Broker not active yet it is running when I checked whether a broker was running. It is running under port 1971 on the LOCALHOST (because of the fact that it is running on a standalone machine).

I can edit the idl file but can not compile the file to a dll. Is there any specific Broker parameters that is missing or what should the Broker parameters be?

Many thanks,
Anthonie.

Anthonie,

just use “localhost” as the brokerid instead of “ETB001”. Then the 0215 0148 error should disappear.

Kind regards,
Rolf

Rolf Bahlke
Software AG Research and Development.

Hi Anthonie,

Rolf’s suggestion will work just fine. Personally I prefer to setup the environment in such a way that I can address the Broker (or Brokers) by their proper names. To do so create an entry in the %WIDNOWS_HOME%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file. The entry should look something like this:

127.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.0.1 ETB001
127.0.0.1 ETB172

Next update the %WIDNOWS_HOME%\system32\drivers\etc\services file and insert the Broker TCP port. The entry should look something like this:

ETB001 5001/tcp
ETB172 5172/tcp

In your case though, the TCP entry for ETB001 would be:

ETB001 1971/tcp

since you are using the default TCP port.

Once you made the changes you will be able to access Broker as ETB001.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards
Theo