NAT0068 Parameter error in GLOBALS command

Hi All,

Iam newbie for Natural programming language, i have written sample program on Mainframe to read one of view in the system.

when iam trying to COMPOPT getting below error

NAT0068 Parameter error in GLOBALS command…

The natural code is saved in structured mode and FS parameter is set ON in GLOBALS command.

Help me in resolving this issue…

Thanks,
Murali

I am guessing at your problem, since you have not included any screen shots to indicate where/when you got the error message.

One possibility, do you have a GLOBALS command in your program? It should be SET GLOBALS. This should not produce your error. Depending on what mode you are in, you will get different errors for this.

Was the message generated when you were actually in COMPOPT? If so, what did you actually type into the FS parameter?

Was the error generated when you tried to issue a GLOBALS command from the command prompt? If so, what did you actually type?

A final note. In structured mode, the FS parameter is meaningless. Structured mode implies FS=ON.

One more question. What version of Natural are you running?

The reason I asked about the version is that the COMPOPT screen does not have FS on it for Version 8. I do not have access to Natural earlier than V4.2, so perhaps you are working with an old version?

Iam using Natural version 3.1.04

In Natural 3.1.04 , if you just enter the command COMPOPT, does FS show up on the screen of parameter options?

Could you also answer all the questions in my first post re what you were doing when you received the message. Screen snaps would be quite useful.

Hi Steve,

Here are my answers

Was the message generated when you were actually in COMPOPT? If so, what did you actually type into the FS parameter?
Yes when i tried COMPOPT prog-name, it is giving this error, and FS is set ON

Was the error generated when you tried to issue a GLOBALS command from the command prompt? If so, what did you actually type?
No, this error is generated when iam trying to give COMPOPT

In Natural 3.1.04 , if you just enter the command COMPOPT, does FS show up on the screen of parameter options?

No, it is Compilation Options shows up on the screen

What is the syntax for setting GLOBALS commands?

You have the wrong syntax for COMPOPT. There is no prog-name. The syntax is:

COMPOPT [option=value …]

You can change the compiler options from this command without actually going to the screen which shows the options.

The syntax for GLOBALS is:

GLOBALS [parameter=value …]

Do you not have access to Natural documentation?

Thanks steve…

No,I dont have access to Natural documentation…If you have any documentation related to these options, please share it across, that will be more helpful for me…

Hi Murali,

You do have access to documentation as a member of this forum. Please use the links under the Adabas-Natural communities or, if authenticated in your browser to this tech forum, go directly to techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation and navigate to the Natural docs. This is one way around if your Natural sys admin doesn’t provide access to such documentation (though you could always ask for such access as well and hopefully he/she will make it available or point you to where it can be found).

-Brian