MWS Storage - Access link

Hello,

I have a small question concerning MWS storage.

Is it possible to create a directory (let’s say “PDFStorage”) somewhere in MWS folder which will enable a direct access to the files with a link like http://<mws_host>:<mws_port>/<some_link>/

Folder and files will be created by an IS service which write file in a target location without concern about web related topics (basic write file).

Thx,
Mathieu

Yes. This is done with ‘Web Spaces’. The MWS administrator can create a WebSpace for a specified ‘root’ folder. All subfolders/files will be available by a standard path from the root on down.

You can find the Webspaces Administration in the AdminDashboard → Configuration folder.

Regards,
–mark

Hi mimel.

Thx, I checked that functionality but I couldn’t find a way to target a Windows folder for a web spaces.
When I create a web spaces, it asks for a folder but only provide me with MWS logical folder.

I tried, also, to create some public folder to target them with a web spaces but could not find the Windows folder corresponding.

I searched “web spaces” in the MWS doc “8-0-SP1_Administering_My_webMethods_Server.pdf” but could not find any reference to it.

Could you tell me how I can set a Windows folder for a web spaces.

regards,
mathieu

Edit : I found some reference in the doc “8-0-SP1_My_webMethods_Server_Portlet_Reference.pdf” but this do not let me think I can make a web space with a Windows folder. I realized that ma question might have been not precise enough. In my question “PDFStorage” would be a Windows folder like “C:\PDFStorage”

In the mean time I tried an other approach which is no longer centered on CAF technologies. I tried to make a flowservice which read a file in the filesystem and send back the file (in bytes). I reach this service by HTTP request but I don’t manage to modify the return content type in order to tell the browser that the return is of application/pdf type and not html.

Edit2 : Worked for the IS service call from a browser. But I’m still curious about the web spaces solution if it supports Windows folder.

I’m sorry, i misunderstood your question. You are correct in that you cannot create a webspace for a windows folder. Webspaces are only for the folders inside of the MWS taxonomy.

If you want to dynamically return files from your Portlet Application, please have a look at this post (http://tech.forums.softwareag.com/viewtopic.php?t=23255&sid=85902253fdd10d2bfae272e24a22b227) which refers to a sample on the Communities site that you could adapt.

However, it sounds like you’re nearly there with your Flow Service approach, so you might want to stick with that.

Regards,
–mark

Thx a lot.
Now I have a clear picture of the differents options.

regards,
Mathieu