MWS startup fail on DB connection

Hi all,

I’m having a problem with the SQL Server Database connection starting MWS.
The SQL Server is on Azure, in cloud.

This is the error which I get from the osgi log file under MWS installation logs folder:

2021-06-30 18:08:02,566 ERROR [com.w.p.s.s.c.p.p.ConnectionPoolManager ] - Error creating database connection to: jdbc:wm:sqlserver://:;databaseName=;encrypt=true;trustServerCertificate=true;hostNameInCertificate=;loginTimeout=30;
com.wm.dd.jdbc.sqlserverbase.ddea: [SoftwareAG][SQLServer JDBC Driver]SSL handshake failed: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Alessio

1 Like

Hi Alessio,

Just a Hint : If there is a running Antivirus on the system, can you disable it and start MWS .

Thanks,
Harsha

Hi Harsh,

the antivirus on Azure can’t be disabled.
Btw our Integration Server is actually using the same URL connection with another DB name and it is working correctly.

Thanks
Alessio

Hi Alessio

Can you try adding setValidateServerCertificate=false in the JDBC URL ?

jdbc:wm:sqlserver://:;databaseName=;encrypt=true;trustServerCertificate=true;hostNameInCertificate=;loginTimeout=30;setValidateServerCertificate=false;

Thanks

Manish

1 Like

Hi Manish,

I get the same error adding the suggested parameter in the DB url connection string

Thanks
Alessio

thanks for the awesome information.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.