MWS Roles

Hello,

I want to know the the responsibility of a role means how and where it is created.

For example,

In MWS I create a role: wMDeveloper, group: Developer, user: User1 and User2.

Add the user to Group and assign the group to role.

Now the user is able to login the webMethods Developer tool.

Here my question is about role, where it is mentioned the group users under this wMDeveloper role should be able to access the developer tool, how the role understands its responsibility?

Thanks in advance

Sundar,

Basically roles were used to define user’s rights in webMethods/any product

User, Groups & Roles are managed in different ways based on you organization policies.

If you using LDAP please follow below steps

1. Configure LDAP in MWS/IS Admin as per your need
  2. Define webMethods default roles like Admin, Developer, Support by using defaults roles given/you can also define datasets, custom roles and assign datasets to custom roles
  3. Add groups created in LDAP to these roles
  4. Ask you network team to add user to the group based on access level he need

Or other way

If you using LDAP please follow below steps

1. Configure LDAP in MWS/ISAdmin
  2. Define Roles, Groups in LDAP
  3. Assign webMethods default roles to roles created in LDAP/ you can also define datasets, custom roles and assign datasets to custom roles
  4. Add groups created in LDAP to these roles
  5. Add user to groups in LDAP

Here only difference with first one is “every thing defined in LDAP we consume it”

Last way, If don’t have limited users in webMethods

1. Use default central user configuration
  2. Define Roles, Groups & Users in MWS
  3. Assign webMethods default roles to roles created in MWS/ you can also define datasets, custom roles and assign datasets to custom roles
  4. Add groups to Roles
  5. Add users to Groups

Note : Above all can be done through IS only, if you not using MWS and also go through documentation(IS Administration Guide, MWS Administration Guide) before setup