MWS asset migration gives nullPointerExeption

MWS 10.15
Fixes installed: Ehcache Client Libraries 10.15 fix 8, Ehcache Bundles 10.15 fix 8, My webMethods Server 10.15 fix 4 …

We want to migrate document attributes, document types, external ID types, contact types,… (Trading network assets) from an old MWS (10.3) to a new MWS (10.15). We have exported all the assets to a zip file using the MWS Asset Manager on 10.3 environment. And we can extract the assets from the zip in 10.15 environment.

But when trying the import the Document attributes, we get this error:
java.lang.NullPointerException
We have tried multiple combinations of which asset to import first and in combination but no success.

NPE doesn’t say much - can you post the detailed error messages from the MWS _full.log, when you perform this import action?

KM

1 Like

I now get a more clear error:

This is in a freshly created database with the dbConfigurater.
Do you have any idea why its complaining?

Hi @wout.swennen May ensure did you executed the pre requisite scripts required to executed in 10.5 version of the DB configurator before migrating the assets ? it seems to be schema mismatch issue

From historical knowledge, I see that you can resolve this by doing the following -

1. Take a backup of your database
  2. Open setcp.sh present inside WmTN/bin folder and check if the value paths are correctly set
  3. Execute this script with the parameters shown here in the command line - <SoftwareAG>/IntegrationServer/packages/WmTN/bin/tnimport.sh -xml init.xml -db
  4. Reload WmTN package

What does this do?
This will add/update the standard metadata in your TN database.

Why does this happen?
I’m unsure, unfortunately, but this shouldn’t happen again if your metadata is reloaded.

KM

1 Like

Hi.

Please check Trading Networks Troubleshooting (softwareag.com)

It seems the EDIINT might cause some conflicts.

Try not importing EDI* Document Attributes.

One import sequence that might work for you:

1. Partner Groups
  2. Field Groups
  3. Field Definitions
  4. External ID Types
  5. Contact Types
  6. Binary Types
  7. Partner Profiles (with dependencies) for your own enterprise
  8. Partner Profiles (all remaining partners)
  9. Document Attributes (no EDI* attributes)
  10. Documents Type
  11. Queues
  12. Processing Rules
  13. Trading Partner Agreements
  14. all remaining assets.

Some grouping is possible but it might differ for each case.

Good luck.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.