Current our REVIEW implementation uses only 1 review repository. All reports which write historical data use this one reporsitory.
WE are getting ready to build a REVIEW report which we anticipates will write out a significant amount of historical data.
We would like to create a second REVIEW Repository to store the historical data generated by this complex report.
We have tested the concept by:
- Unload the existing REVIEW repository
- Reload back to Adabas with a new file number
- Refresh the new REVIEW Repository
- Edit the complex REVIEW Report, go to options and change the history target fnr to the new file number.
- Started the report
- Clone the DDM REVIEW-ADABAS-V451-CLOG
- Change the file number of the new ddm
- Write natural program against the new ddm and see that all captured historical data is indeed there.
The concept seems to work, i.e. having the complex report writes history data to a history file that is different from all the other reports that are active and collecting historical data. The question is that is this a supported implementation by SAG? Will we run into issue with future REVIEW upgrades, etc