Multicore server licensing issue for webMethods 7.1

Hello All,

I am currently working with wM 6.1 and 6.5 versions and am soon migrating to the 7.1 version. Our current servers are installed on dual-core processors; however, our 7.1 version servers would be quad-core processors. I would like to know if there would be any issues with the licensing of webMethods for the quad-core processors or do the previous licensing clauses stand?

Also, i would like to know if there are any possibilities to restrict the use of the quad-core, so as to make it function as a dual core?

And… will webMethods utilize quad-core or would it just perform as a single/dual-core?

webMethods/SoftwareAG does charge for the additional cores so depending on what your original licensing agreement was you could be in violation by adding the additional cores, depends on your license agreement. You may need to talk with your contracts folks and your SoftwareAG Sales rep to determine for sure.

Unfortunately I know of no way to “turn off” the additional cores. Generally you have to just remove that extra processor board, assuming of course they are split across two boards which most are. :frowning:

Yes webMethods IS will take advantage of all the cores.