Multi-Byte File Parser

Hi All,

I was going through the options available for Multi Byte file parsing in webMethods. I observerd that there is a special package called [FONT=ArialNarrow,Bold][SIZE=6]

webMethods Multibyte File Parser.

As per definition,
[SIZE=2]"[FONT=PalatinoLinotype][SIZE=2]
it contains a set of services that enables you to translate documents into and from flat files that contain
fixed-length records with:

[/size][/font][FONT=Wingdings][SIZE=3][COLOR=#818181]

�� [/color][/size][/font][SIZE=2]Multibyte data

[/size][FONT=Wingdings][SIZE=3][COLOR=#818181]

�� [/color][/size][/font][SIZE=2]Custom character encodings

�� [/color][/size][/font][SIZE=2]User-defined characters, and/or

�� [/color][/size][/font][FONT=PalatinoLinotype][SIZE=2]Mixture of various types of field definitions
Using the webMethods Multibyte File Parser in conjunction with an appropriately
prepared template (schema) files that is in XML format, you can parse, generate, and
transfer this flat file data to Integration Servers and from Integration Servers.
Because webMethods’ standard built-in WmFlatFile package is text-based, it might not
meet Japanese (and other multibyte handling) requirements that commonly are used in
multibyte character environments. The webMethods Multibyte File Parser is designed to
fill the gap for these types of data sets and flat file handling".

I have a challenge to handle files with Japanese characters using webMethods Integration Server version 7.1.
Can someone please guide me if in this version of webMethods, we still have to use webMethods Multibyte File Parser ? Or is the wMFlatFile package now able to handle files with Japanese chars.

Any pointers are much appreciated.

Regards

[/size][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

Did you try these encodings like Shift_JIS/EUC-JP/ISO-8859-10 for Japanese chars?? other wise webMethods defaults to UTF-8

or the [URL]https://advantage.webmethods.com/bookshelf_multibyte_file_parser[/URL] is the way to go.

HTH,
RMG